⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

someguy2000

Is there a special way you have to activate NVBII? I killed the Judge, and searched his bunker to see if there was something there that triggered it, and the NVBI quest got completed but there is no Boulder City Jail and no way to start the quest. Also, the quest marker appears on my compass but not on the map. I tried using the 'movetoqt' command and appeared in the jail but when I left the jail my game CTD. Finally, I waited about ten days to see if there was a messenger or a message that would appear, telling me to go to the jail, but still there is no map icon nor any jail.

If you're using the latest builds for NVBI and NVBII, and have the someguyseries.esm loaded, it should begin immediately after the Judge's demise. This could be rooted in a conflict, or the new build's incompatibility with old savegames/playthroughs. I'll look into it.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're using the latest builds for NVBI and NVBII, and have the someguyseries.esm loaded, it should begin immediately after the Judge's demise. This could be rooted in a conflict, or the new build's incompatibility with old savegames/playthroughs. I'll look into it.

Ok thanks. It might just be me, my game has been really screwed up recently what with lag and some crashes and some mods not working/causing problems. I'm considering doing a completely new game and deleting everything that has to do with fallout from my computer. If it isn't just me though I guess its probably a good thing to look into anyways :p. Also, I'm pretty sure that the mod loaded properly, or at least parts of it, because I was able to recruit Guts without problems.

dear dude,

found some more problems but can't really remember them right now. mostly to do with misplaced map markers in inheritance.

still; something i've been meaning to ask you for a while but only remembered just now

i keep crashing out and lagging up the further i get into things and sometimes not even starting up at all, and i think it's a matter of too many mods

what is your mod load order? yours, personally, "The Director".

What else do you have in the background that doesn't conflict with the someguy series?

dear dude,

found some more problems but can't really remember them right now. mostly to do with misplaced map markers in inheritance.

still; something i've been meaning to ask you for a while but only remembered just now

i keep crashing out and lagging up the further i get into things and sometimes not even starting up at all, and i think it's a matter of too many mods

What else do you have in the background that doesn't conflict with the someguy series?

At present, I'm running a bare-bones load order, with only the DLC and my mods. I will sometimes play with JE Sawyer's mod, millenia's re-textures, and a number of other plugins, but for the most part, I'm very conservative. It's one of the drawbacks of modding - you get so wrapped up in your own projects that you don't invest time in other people's work. It's not deliberate or anything, it just happens (I know other modders have expressed this as well).

Your issue could very well be a mod conflict.

My current load order:

FalloutNV.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

DeadMoney.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

SomeguySeries.esm

MyCustomGear.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

NewVegasBountiesII.esp

TheInheritance.esp

Russell.esp

SiegeofFBZulu.esp (inactive)

Total active plugins: 12

Total plugins: 13

"Mycustomgear.esp" is a private mod (it's a hodgepodge of various assets, so I can't share it).

dear dude,

Reducing your load order in general can help to reduce crashes. At one point I was running a large number of mods, and I experienced a lot of crashes. Reducing my load order by 10+ mods helped a lot with that. At present I'm running around 20 different mods, including Someguy's and the game seems to run alright although I did just start over after deleting all my saves due to conflicts with my game. Its not the fastest set up but I'm not running at minimal graphics or performance. There are also some mods that help with performance and if you want to know more about those I would suggest checking out Gopher's 'modding fallout tutorials' on youtube. One part in particular goes over mods that help with performance and I use most of the mods that he shows in his tutorials. If you do check the performance video out though, the fullscreen mod and the 4gb mod currently won't work together as Gopher is using an older version of the fullscreen mod and the newer one causes CTD with the 4gb mod. Overall though I would just suggest trying not to run too many mods at once unless you have a ridiculously good system. And, everyone reading this, if theres anything wrong with what I just said please feel free to correct me. Good luck with your modding johann.

Oh, Someguy, I should probably point out that there's a small conflict issue with NVBll and Better New Vegas.

The building the bounty board is attached to is removed in NVBll, so it just floats there. I've patched it myself so that it uses the Short stick saloon sign instead of the bulletin board, but I do think it might help to readjust that small bit for the update for the sake of compatibility.

Hey, someguy, been loving the updates so far, and playing through all the old bounties I'd never gotten to in NVBII. Uncle Chuckles was a particularly fun diversion from the norm in you mods. Bravo!

I did encounter a rather horrid bug during Enemy of My Enemy: after speaking to the NCR agency and accepting the contract, I can't find the prisoner to be interrogated anywhere. She just up and vanished. There's no one in either prison cell, though a quest marker does point to the right cell. On a possibly related note, the agents, minus bossman Wickham, have a tendency to appear in the shop, clustered in the corner.

And as a suggestion, if you ever update Bounties once more, I think a battle-cry, taunt, or insult would be pretty cool for each of the bounties with no voice-acting. Something to add a bit more character, like their speaking counterparts.

Ooh, and was the ghoul from the Reservation that Randall spoke of a Van Buren reference?

Hey, someguy, been loving the updates so far, and playing through all the old bounties I'd never gotten to in NVBII. Uncle Chuckles was a particularly fun diversion from the norm in you mods. Bravo!

I did encounter a rather horrid bug during Enemy of My Enemy: after speaking to the NCR agency and accepting the contract, I can't find the prisoner to be interrogated anywhere. She just up and vanished. There's no one in either prison cell, though a quest marker does point to the right cell. On a possibly related note, the agents, minus bossman Wickham, have a tendency to appear in the shop, clustered in the corner.

And as a suggestion, if you ever update Bounties once more, I think a battle-cry, taunt, or insult would be pretty cool for each of the bounties with no voice-acting. Something to add a bit more character, like their speaking counterparts.

Ooh, and was the ghoul from the Reservation that Randall spoke of a Van Buren reference?

Thanks! I'm still working out ironing out some of the bugs. I thought I had the issue with "Enemy of my Enemy" fixed. Perhaps not.

Yes, that was indeed a nod to Van Buren. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So, you know, i was in the neighborhood and so i thought, hey, why not just casually drop by and...

Ah screw it :laugh: . Just curious how the beta is fairing nowadays. Last I heard some of the voice-acting roles had been changed but it looks like you got all the roles filled. I was particularly interested in how the Enemy of my Enemy quest is doing, as it's the only one I have not yet been able to play through, due to the vanished interrogation subject (interrogee perhaps?). Those civilian families in that quest are just so damn intriguing, can't wait to meet em.

Luck!

(Patience? What is this patience you speak of?)

Edited by Stormbringer13