[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

So, you know, i was in the neighborhood and so i thought, hey, why not just casually drop by and...

Ah screw it :laugh: . Just curious how the beta is fairing nowadays. Last I heard some of the voice-acting roles had been changed but it looks like you got all the roles filled. I was particularly interested in how the Enemy of my Enemy quest is doing, as it's the only one I have not yet been able to play through, due to the vanished interrogation subject (interrogee perhaps?). Those civilian families in that quest are just so damn intriguing, can't wait to meet em.

Luck!

(Patience? What is this patience you speak of?)

Everything is more or less done, save the voice acting. I've actually been in contact with Reebdoog again, and he may be able to voice the new lines for Doc Friday (time permitting). Once the Judge is voiced (actor is working on it, not an easy role), I will upload NVBI version 1.5 and NVBII version 1.3 (though Doc's new lines will be unvoiced). I figure people will probably tolerate a little silent dialogue in exchange for hours of new content.

What worries me is the inevitable clusterf*#@ that will result when players try to update NVBII with old savegames. It simply won't work. I'll have to put new instructions and a disclaimer at the top of the description and readme.

Nonetheless, I think after a few weeks/months it will blow over, as more and more people will be using it with fresh playthroughs.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear, I figured the voice-acting was the last hurdle remaining.

As for the f*** of a clusterful nature, god knows I'm not an expert in this, but wouldn't a clean save without the old versions of bounties allow people to use the updated versions? They'd have to play the mods from the start again, but at least they aren't limited to a new playthrough.

EDIT: Wait, f*** is censored but clusterf*#@ isn't? Huh?

Edited by Stormbringer13

Guest deleted2159825
As for the f*** of a clusterful nature, god knows I'm not an expert in this, but wouldn't a clean save without the old versions of bounties allow people to use the updated versions? They'd have to play the mods from the start again, but at least they aren't limited to a new playthrough.

Yeah, and they wouldn't even have to replay all of NVBI, just the ending.

EDIT: Wait, f*** is censored but clusterf*#@ isn't? Huh?

Censorship isn't worth f*#@all. :)

Played through Enemy of my Enemy recently, another excellent quest. The interaction with Harper was fantastic, as well as the third Frumentarius. I'm not sure if you were supposed to be able to talk to the other two families, but at any rate I didn't get any dialog options, though when I tried interacting with the Calhoun at the counter of their store, it zoomed in and out, didn't do anything. However, the scene with the elder Calhoun was good.

I would suggest more dialog options and some skill/attribute checks with the frumentarii, especially as the quest is very espionage based.

The teaser, or at least what I think is a teaser, at the end has me excited though for any future quest(s).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Fun mod, I'm enjoying it. One problem though:

I stumbled upon Onada before I talked to Chesty, and now that quest is broken. The quest still says I need to talk to Chesty even if I turn in the finger to Randal, but the quest marker for where Chesty is has disappeared.

Is there a console command I can use to reset this quest?

• 1 month later...
Guest deleted2159825

Version 1.51 of NVBI is being uploaded as I type this. Changelog:

- All of Randall's VO has been re-recorded in the interest of audio quality. No more scratchy background noise.

- Several grammatical miscues have been corrected

- The issue with Jack and Goodsprings should be fixed

Guest deleted2159825

is 1.31 the final vrsion of NVBII?

As far as I know, yes. I will update it on the event of discovering some unforeseen, game-breaking bug, but otherwise it should be done.