Chemistry Station doesn't Respond

BobKat107

Chemistry Station won't respond!

Some background:

I'm not sure what happened. One day FO4 is playing great on ultra performance, the next it was crashing to desktop. Not the first time I have had problems; when one installs as many mods as I have, over 150, there are bound to be problems. I also use F4SE for further enhancements. ... thinking the crash was due a mod - I began to disable some in Vortex. One removed the NPC and the companion face - they became pink. I got them back but the face of my NPC changed and I ended up loading a present using Shift - Tilde - slm. And I'm also having companion bald hair designs, duplication's with other presets, POV issues (Point of View) .

How the heck did I lose my hairstyles. They're all still installed and active.

But the real problem is - I'm at a chemistry station, I get the option to use it, but when I press the capital E, the choice fades but nothing happens! It could be simply a non-functional chemistry station. I am going to try to update the current install with a new one and hope not to lose anything. or I could also restore a backup after backing up the most current, but then there's the problem of finding and reinstalling missing mods.

I simply can't fathom a non-working chem station. There seems to be nothing I did to cause it. I wasn't messing with primary game files.

Has anyone else ever had a problem assessing a workstation or a chem station?

R

Chemistry Station won't respond!

Some background:

I'm not sure what happened. One day FO4 is playing great on ultra performance, the next it was crashing to desktop. Not the first time I have had problems; when one installs as many mods as I have, over 150, there are bound to be problems. I also use F4SE for further enhancements. ... thinking the crash was due a mod - I began to disable some in Vortex. One removed the NPC and the companion face - they became pink. I got them back but the face of my NPC changed and I ended up loading a present using Shift - Tilde - slm. And I'm also having companion bald hair designs, duplication's with other presets, POV issues (Point of View) .

How the heck did I lose my hairstyles. They're all still installed and active.

But the real problem is - I'm at a chemistry station, I get the option to use it, but when I press the capital E, the choice fades but nothing happens! It could be simply a non-functional chemistry station. I am going to try to update the current install with a new one and hope not to lose anything. or I could also restore a backup after backing up the most current, but then there's the problem of finding and reinstalling missing mods.

I simply can't fathom a non-working chem station. There seems to be nothing I did to cause it. I wasn't messing with primary game files.

Has anyone else ever had a problem assessing a workstation or a chem station?

Removing Mods Mid-game is generally considered in the Skyrim/fallout modding community to be "Do at your own risk" and not recommended

• 2 years later...

Hi Enthusiast,

it's been a while since you wrote this but here is a other player who has the same problem. I stand infront of a chem station and press "E" like usual and nothing happens and after 1-2 sec. I can move my character again. Transfer with "R" works like it should but that doesn't help as I wanna craft a item for Dogmeat and this is only possible via the chem station.

Hi Enthusiast,

it's been a while since you wrote this but here is a other player who has the same problem. I stand infront of a chem station and press "E" like usual and nothing happens and after 1-2 sec. I can move my character again. Transfer with "R" works like it should but that doesn't help as I wanna craft a item for Dogmeat and this is only possible via the chem station.

I have found that items that alter animations, like, button lowered weapons, will cause just that problem. Try putting your weapon away, and activating the station. See what happens.