The Popularity of Lydia

Niborino9409

Oh lydia, what can i say. My least favourite follower by far.. She always die, even if i give her powerful armour, the required training.. always dies. Like today, i was hunting in the forest with her for some fox pelts, strolling down the road, real roleplaying style. Then suddenly i heard a roar from the distance.. it was a deadly dragon. I was going to retreat but lydia charged in, as always.. i thought, hey lets give it a try.. and lydia died in a few hits, i called for my horse and ran away.

She always dies early in my playthroughs, but then again, i play on master difficulty with a few mods that enhances that difficulty. I tend to play with several followers, more fun.. gives me the final fantasy vibes, but without the whistle games.

I gave her a good set of armor and jewelry and even I can't kill her now (armor capped, magic resist capped and +288 Health).

Lydia ... I'll toss in my view ...

She is not only one of the first companions you run across.

But she is one of the few that can really hold her own in Skyrim

from the start. I do not take her for that very reason. She is to good

and can hurt your climb up the "stats tree".

Edited by Jason2112

Maybe it's because she's the only housecarl who just sits there in that dark corner of your bedroom.

Watching you.

While you sleep.

Quietly stroking her sword.

And being bored.

While you sleep.

OMG................ Thanks. Now I'm happy I never bought Breezehome.

Seriously though, I think it's 50% because she's convenient and p much the first follower you have and 50% because she sounds like she'd drive her sword through you the first chance she'd get if she could get away with it. Characters who suck up to your are boring.

Maybe it's because she's the only housecarl who just sits there in that dark corner of your bedroom.

Watching you.

While you sleep.

And being bored.

While you sleep.

umm... Yeah, maybe I'll have her wait in the tavern at night from now.

Watching you.

While you sleep.

And being bored.

While you sleep.

If she sat in a corner in my house, she would´ve had her ass kicked by Jordis. :ohdear: