Oblivion XP problem.

GunnerofLife

My save file was corrupted and I didn't feel like starting at my last save point, which was like 2 hours away. So what I basically did was look up the solution online. It told me to rename my quicksave.bak to quicksave.ess, which obviously replaced the original quicksave.ess. It worked, but here's the problem.

Oblivion XP gave me a lot more XP than needed, and I can't level up because the numbers subtract automatically ( ex. it goes from -49 to -59 to -78, etc.) It's hard to explain, but it just doesn't work. Help? Ask me if you need clarification.

My save file was corrupted and I didn't feel like starting at my last save point, which was like 2 hours away. So what I basically did was look up the solution online. It told me to rename my quicksave.bak to quicksave.ess, which obviously replaced the original quicksave.ess. It worked, but here's the problem.

Oblivion XP gave me a lot more XP than needed, and I can't level up because the numbers subtract automatically ( ex. it goes from -49 to -59 to -78, etc.) It's hard to explain, but it just doesn't work. Help? Ask me if you need clarification.

The Oblivion xp stuff is in your save name whatever.obse. Did you include that when you did the rename?

The Oblivion xp stuff is in your save name whatever.obse. Did you include that when you did the rename?

No, I didn't. Is it too late now?

If you have not quicksaved since, then it shouldn't be. If you *have* quicksaved, then yes, it's lost.

If you have not quicksaved since, then it shouldn't be. If you *have* quicksaved, then yes, it's lost.

I quicksave every 5 seconds, so...

Is there any way to fix this? Like reinstalling Oblivion XP?

There is no way of fixing your save game, no. You should NEVER rely on quicksaves, anyway -- always use explicit saves, and save regularly in new slots.

There is no way of fixing your save game, no. You should NEVER rely on quicksaves, anyway -- always use explicit saves, and save regularly in new slots.

In other words, you want me to restart the whole entire game, right?

Why would you say that? *I* don't *want* you to do anything, I am just answering your questions. What you do with the information is entirely up to you.

Why would you say that? *I* don't *want* you to do anything, I am just answering your questions. What you do with the information is entirely up to you.

What other options do I have? If I uninstall it, will I have to start from Level 1 again?

That question would be best answered on the Oblivion XP mod comment thread (along with your original question).

- Edit - Or better yet on Oblivion XP Update mod comment thread (if you followed Nephenee13's advice).

Edited by Striker879