Skyrim's Humour

billyro

I really enjoy Bethesda's sense of humour, which has slithered into the game and made my day more than once. There are quite a few things that the developers put into the game purely for comedic reasons, and good on them.

Here are some of the things I have found funny in Skyrim:

1. Calipers; In numerous conversations, somehow you can talk about calipers, which were aplenty in Oblivion but sadly disperse in Skyrim... I even think M'aiq says some things about Calipers too.

2. The feast for the "emperor"; the Dark Brotherhood quest where you impersonate the Gourmet in order to poison the emperor allows you to put some funny ingredients in the soup. Among these are vampire dust, a giant's toe, and a septim. All of which have funny lines associated with them.

3. Flirting with Serana; yes, you can. One line in particular got me just before (and inspired me to make this thread) and that was the inquiry about Serana's knowledge on Elder Scrolls. She says that "sleeping with something for hundreds of years doesn't make you know it any better", and the Dragonborn can respond, "are you saying you want to get to know me better?" I laughed heaps when I read that.

So what are some other funny, intentional things you've come across in Skyrim. I'd like to know. :)

Edited by billyro

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a line from a couple wandering Stormcloaks for the first time the other day that caught me off guard and got a laugh from me:

"Look's like we'll be eating rabbit again tonight. I'm getting tired of rabbit."

"You be sure to let the commander know. I'm sure a boot in your arse will solve your troubles."

It wasn't even the line itself that got me, it was more the completely straight and deadpan way the guy said it.

There is a bit of wit and sarcasm to be found in Skyrim, for instance listen to Nazeem's wife Ahlam? in Whiterun. You can also create your own humour....I don't know why but hitting Ancano at the college with the Nightingale Subterfuge and watching the chaos always cracks me up...even after having done it countless times :)

Festus Krex about killing bride

"Killing her will be easy. She'll be so happy she won't see it coming. I should know - I killed a bride once. It was our honeymoon. 'Tepid,' I said. 'The bath water should be tepid! Lukewarm is NOT tepid. Close, but there is a difference. Stupid cow..."