First Person or Third Person

StayFrosty05

I notice there's a strong definite line between people as to whether they prefer First Person view or Third Person View....Which do you prefer and why?

I use Third Person View primarily for two reasons...:

1/ I find First Person View very dis-orientating...I have headache trouble and am prone to confusion when I have to play First Person.

2/ I find Third Person much more immersive RP wise.....I feel the third person view, though it is set behind the Protagonist gives a much more realistic 'senses' scope...the wider world vision and using it as a default sound detector....such as a wolf coming up behind you, etc....The First person I just find too limiting with it's tiny window box view of the world.

Edited by StayFrosty05

Personally i like to use both haha. I only use first person when im directly talking to npcs and when im just walking around. On the other hand I use third person whenever i am in combat because i can see what is happening around me more clearly.

I prefer 3rd person for pretty much the same reasons. It gives me better situational awareness of my environment and is immersive to me. And as an aspiring modder, it also gives me a better view of how the armor is moving.

First person view is still useful when I need a close-up view but not for general game play. It's like wearing blinders, no peripheral vision.

Not to say that one way is necessarily "better" than the other. Everyone has their preferences and the good news is that the game gives us a choice.

First person. I can't stand that the view from horses is fixed in 3rd person, especially when the view in 3rd person is so terrible. I ride my horse with my weapon drawn so I can have a better view of upcoming terrain. The default view is useless; I'd like to not watch the back of my chars ass when something attacks me.

I usually play in 1st person as I come from the FPS stable and Elder Scroll games are the only RPG games I have really played, in fact I have only just started to wander around in 3rd person now after 500 hours of gameplay...just to see what it is like....but I can't do combat in 3rd person, as it is disorientating for me

To walk around i use 3 Person, beacuse its more fancy (i mean seriosly the fiel of view in 1 person is f***ed up! Doesnt look too natural :confused: ) But in actual comabt i use 1. person because the aim is better. :)

Looking in 1st person doesn't look too natural? Do you naturally walk around with your eyes up in the air? :teehee: