ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

20+ min loading (227 hr gameplay)

OneBoredBoredKid

Just curious if there's a mod out there for a way to speed up the loading times, because the 20+ minutes (yes, i actually timed it this time) of initial loading for my main character who i've had since i first got the game is becoming really off putting. The game loads up in under a minute for other characters, but after i've explored and done a few quests the load time increases a bit more with each, so I'm guesstimating that the horrendous loading time for my 227 hours of gameplay is caused by all my "accomplishments" (quests completed, kill counts, general data).

So... are there any known ways to fix this stuff? :pirate:

I often have a problem with long loading but for some reason this is resolved when a start a new game and then load my main save, no idea why this works it just does, might want to try that, also I assume you are running from steam and not a disk if not install everything onto your computer and finally if it does take that long you might want to calm down with mods, but as you said you only have this issue with one character. :teehee:

I was experiencing protracted load times, and I have a ton of add-in weapons and retextures (mostly Millenia's outstanding add on and retextures, and a few odds and ends like JMOD's bullpup weapon pack). I found that using the FNV Plugin (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39655 - be sure to go to the "Files" tab and download the 1.7 version, it supports the Plugin 1.34 .ESP format, which most mods use now), and merged all the single weapons into one. Dramatically speeded up initial load times and savegame reload times. Running on a 6GB/s enabled SSD, I'd still have to wait 3-4 minutes for the game to be ready after launching from the Nexus Mod Manager. Now it's ~30-40 seconds from hitting the button to being ready to play.

One note, you should probably anticipate restarting your game, since it will reset all the mods, or at least the add on items. All my weapons that were merged got reset to their original spawn points, and for some reason the mods that were sitting next to them were not there, just the base guns and the ammo the mod authors saw fit to spawn next to them. Example: Millenia's H&K CAWS was on Doc Mitchell's gurney, with some 20GA ammo, but the mod cases were absent. Plus the savegames from the merge forward will probably still have the bloat from prior to the merge, so you'll still get ungodly load times. At least that's how it seemed to me after I merged, so I opted to start over.

I was experiencing protracted load times, and I have a ton of add-in weapons and retextures (mostly Millenia's outstanding add on and retextures, and a few odds and ends like JMOD's bullpup weapon pack). I found that using the FNV Plugin (http://newvegas.nexu....com/mods/39655 - be sure to go to the "Files" tab and download the 1.7 version, it supports the Plugin 1.34 .ESP format, which most mods use now), and merged all the single weapons into one. Dramatically speeded up initial load times and savegame reload times. Running on a 6GB/s enabled SSD, I'd still have to wait 3-4 minutes for the game to be ready after launching from the Nexus Mod Manager. Now it's ~30-40 seconds from hitting the button to being ready to play.

One note, you should probably anticipate restarting your game, since it will reset all the mods, or at least the add on items. All my weapons that were merged got reset to their original spawn points, and for some reason the mods that were sitting next to them were not there, just the base guns and the ammo the mod authors saw fit to spawn next to them. Example: Millenia's H&K CAWS was on Doc Mitchell's gurney, with some 20GA ammo, but the mod cases were absent. Plus the savegames from the merge forward will probably still have the bloat from prior to the merge, so you'll still get ungodly load times. At least that's how it seemed to me after I merged, so I opted to start over.

Did you create a merged patch using the FNVEdit, or you actually merged all those single esps into one??? Asking out of curiosity.