Star wars/gate mods

MandalorianJedi1

I think the hardest part is incorporating the Pipboy into it though.

You could just make it more compact like the clone trooper forearm comms, just make it like a hologram coming off the wrist when you activate it.

As for the change the laser comment, that would only be applicable for composite beams like those of the LAAT/i or disruptors. A disruptor is basically just a standard laser beam graphic and laser critical effect but is an instant kill with disintegration effect having a 100% chance on every shot, btw distruptors are illegal in the Empire and the Republic and tend to be sniper weapons.

yes there are a few beam weapons in the empire, but Disruptors are described in the books very differently from the way they were portrayed in Jedi Knight II,

in the books they are described as little more than blasters that use ALOT more Tibana gas and energy per shot, and the actual operating principles are the same as blasters, they are also short range, and the DXR6 looks completely different (having a foregrip and stock)

the description is closer to some sort of blunderbus or shotgun than a sniper rifle that desintigrates targets, besides, most star wars sniper rifles in the films use projectiles like Zam Wessels and the Tusken Raiders, using a beam weapon as a sniper rifle is a terrible idea unless the beam is invisible.

the whole point of a sniper is killing without giving away your location.

I tend to go by the books and movies more than the games for various reasons.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes there are a few beam weapons in the empire, but Disruptors are described in the books very differently from the way they were portrayed in Jedi Knight II,

in the books they are described as little more than blasters that use ALOT more Tibana gas and energy per shot, and the actual operating principles are the same as blasters, they are also short range, and the DXR6 looks completely different (having a foregrip and stock)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Disruptor The key word is beam not bolt, dont forget that the games such as jedi knight 2 are Lucasarts while the books tend to be by authors that have no real link to George Lucas or Lucasfilm other than the fact that they were ok'ed to use the star wars name. Lucasarts gets everything checked over by the man in plaid when it comes to star wars, he tells them what they can and can't do. In the Kotor series they do have more of a bolt style to them but it is safe to assume that as disruptor tech improved it became more of a beam and more powerful, notice in kotor they dont disintegrate.

the description is closer to some sort of blunderbus or shotgun than a sniper rifle that desintigrates targets, besides, most star wars sniper rifles in the films use projectiles like Zam Wessels and the Tusken Raiders, using a beam weapon as a sniper rifle is a terrible idea unless the beam is invisible.
It is in no way a similar to a shotgun other than there is a wider that usual damage field. Disruptors fire a single accurate beam that is so powerful even a light hit/near miss will cause incredible damage to the target. Keep in mind that there are shogtuns although they dont make many appearances, examples are the Accelerated Charged Particle Array Gun in Republic Commando and Tyber Zann's weapon in Empire At War.

the whole point of a sniper is killing without giving away your location.
Exactly right, a disruptor makes a GREAT short range urban sniper considering when the target is hit they disintegrate. An ash pile doesnt give any hints as to where the shot came from when a hole from a projectile can. Sure it may take skill to pull off an assasination with one but what better to put fear in the hearts of your enemies with than the possibility of an extremely painful death by disintegration by an assasin bold enough to fire a visible beam of blaster energy from nearby. Also blasters have extremely long range when compaired to projectile weapons so short range may be farther than what is usually considered short range. You can also wait till the target is isolated and alone. If Zam Wessel had equiped her droid with a disuptor instead of the kouhuns she may have succeded because a single shot would most certainly get the job done and the droid could have simply flown off instead of needing to stay to verify the success by watching the kouhuns and opening itself up to obi-wan.

but that leaves them as weapons better suited to assassination than battlefield sniping, which would further explain why the empire makes them illegal.

when I likened the disruptor to a shotgun I wasn't refering to it having a spread of individual bolts, more of a single, large blast that can take a bigo chunk out of any surface it might hit, and is a sortof "charged up" version of a regular blaster shot.

personally I don't consider the video games to be as admissible as the books, let alone more than, largely due to the fact that they are more based on game mechanics rather than accuracy to source material, look at Battlefront 2 and Empire at War for example, both are filed with contradictory material and virtually all of the games have at least something that contradicts the films or books.

the most Lucas himself has ever had involved with a star wars game is the suggestion of the clones having a distinctive colour and pattern on their armour in republic commando.

the ICS books and the Inside the worlds of star wars books do override any and all of the games, as well as any contradictions in anything other than the movies (they aren't considered EU but Film companions like the novelizations.)

the most Lucas himself has ever had involved with a star wars game is the suggestion of the clones having a distinctive colour and pattern on their armour in republic commando.
I just skimmed this topic but had to point out that this particular statement is not so.

He had a hand in how Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was developed.

I don't know about the other games but I recently saw this 1st hand here:

Click here

Click Media Gallery

Click Web Docs / Videos

Click The New Beginning

After seeing that video, you can see that an entirely different game was developed because of his involvement, even if it was only at the highest levels of decisions.

LHammonds

yes I remember something about that, they had several ideas for what type of star wars game to have with the physics engine and lucas suggested they go with the crazy force jedi thing

but as I said before, the way vehicles, vessels, weapons and other devices work in a star wars game (or any other game for that matter) is not to be taken as representative of how those work according to the source material.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Stargate

Stargate info: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate_Wiki

P-90 submachine gun

Wraith stunner

Ronon Dex's pistol

Staff weapon

Goa'uld/Jaffa body armor

If you see something I missed be sure to post it.

Well, there's the zat gun, the handheld laser that the zatark assassins have, the Jaffa stun grenades... look on wikipedia for a full list.

Would be pretty cool to see this as a mod in Mothership Zeta, especially if you got to fight some serpent guards on a Hatak ship

• 10 months later...

I think there is a good idea :thumbsup: , i love star wars and fallout 3 :biggrin: , but this total conversion (Yes, i thinky will be a total conversion) Required much time :wallbash: ...You can also utilize the mod that already exist on Fallout 3 Nexus (asking permission and giving credit to the authors of the mod). However, it is a job you can do and other persons can help you in this job!!!

Other ideas:

-Convert the BOS power armor into a clone trooper armor (Episode II or Episode III) 8)

-Convert the enclave troops into a Battledroid (Eclave Soldier=Battledroid Enclave Officer=Officer Droid Hellfire soldier= Super Battle Droid) 8)

However I wish you good luck!!!