Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

Your hard work is appreciated, seriously not many people in the world left like you guys. I seriously wouldn't mind ads too, if it means making your job financially easier.. why not? Perhaps even set a specific donation link for the maintenance of the website? I wouldn't mind chipping in every now and then if i have a spare. Well for those who don't want a premium membership/wish to remain free, i think it would be a more efficient way of collecting more funds.

As for the breakdowns, tbh i rarely notice them and when i do, its just a minor temporary setback, i just wait. :)

Edited by jhs270694

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As so many have said, thank you for your hard work. We do appreciate it, even if the internet as a whole doesn't do a good job of saying so most of the time.

I don't know if you have done this before, but if ever you want help with something (like suggestions on how to implement an error logging setup), you should feel free to blog about it. You have at your fingertips some of the smartest internet users around: mod designers. Some of us have extensive experience in running servers, server clusters, etc. Compared to designing, building, and testing a mod, writing some advice takes no time at all. You can then pick through the advice you get and further investigate promising leads.

We are the interwebs. Use us for what we do best: sharing ideas.

Thanks for sharing, Dark0ne! I've been using and loving the Nexus sites for years. As I've gotten older and more aware of how things work, I've come to appreciate how unbelievably unique this community is. It's all a reflection of your vision and hard work.

As a side note, we cluster our servers at work, and I honestly can't imagine going back to life without. We can take down any server for patching or whatever, without having to take an outage and the best part... our end-users don't notice a thing : -)

I have to say after reading that (and after I get a little extra cash) I will be upgrading my premium membership to a lifetime membership. I think I can speak for everyone here that we really appreciate how you run the Nexus.....oh and WTF no downloads!!!! ;P

I know all about ad support, so I try to click on the ads when I can. I'm glad to hear you're thinking about all these things to keep these awesome sites up and running. Here's hoping you find the cash to do what you need to get the sites going at full tilt again.

Thanks for the updates Dark0ne... If only Bethesada were so open as to what was happening with regards to dlc, patches etc instead of the current approach of saying literally nothing or Gstaff on the forums simply saying "We are working on it"... which basically tells us nothing either.

Your transparency is appreciated and this level of communication certainly encourages respect from the community you work with.

Just a thought have you thought about maybe starting a kickstarter campaign to try and make a bit of money to invest in new servers or personnel etc.

In terms of making the NMM a better more powerful tool maybe consider getting advice or even seeing if those involved in making Wrye Bash could help in development. That is a very good tool and NMM would benefit from some of its functions.

Anyway just wanted to say thank you for the hard work in making this the best place to come for mods and then I started rambling to sorry for that...... :)

The day I can I will become a premium lifetime member to support you guys because your doing an awesome job so far and I also think that its great that your communicating with the users about any issues instead of just saying like Twitch2026 said "we are working on it" because that doesnt help at all. Anyways Keep up the good work and if I could I'd donate the money to getting the clustering servers but I can't so I'll just have to try and get a lifetime membership in the future. :) Edited by ThatDirtyShisno