Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

Typing from work, so keep this short. I am truly amazed at your attitude, Dark0ne. Not many people nowadays focuses on users/customers and abandons the idea of profit and making money... Big, big ups to you, Sir, and I wish all your plans work out!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post, it was very enlightening. I'm pretty new to nexus myself and didn't have a clue about how the site was run, really puts a new spin on things.

All in all the service works great and I'm very thankful to have come by it.

As for the topic itself, it was actually really interesting for me hah. The company I work for does contracted IT for small to medium sized local business, including server/network set-up etc. I'm pretty new to the field and I've never done anything that required a server cluster, but it was enjoyable reading about it, so I hope you'll find the time to fill us in as time goes by.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Carthean words are my own too.

I´m quite new on Nexus, started using about 4 months ago, I really didn´t know the site was so personal. Amazing. Really impressed by your attitude and proud of being part of this community. Congratulations.

Edited by yorickibazar

Somehow you I got this urge today to become a premium member (12 months). Can't wait for the improvements. Thought I would start using Nexus less because after a year of Skyrim I was looking for something fresh. Playing FONV ultimate now, guess the next year I will seen on the Nexus.

I hope that this year the forum get a small overhaul, as in a WYSIWYG BBcode editor. Currently creating using of offline editor for this. More important imh are the spoiler tags. In the bethforum and others the text is hidden (don't clutter the rest of the post) till you hit the spoiler tag. In the Nexus forums spoiler text is still an overstrike (making it less readable) and text still clutters the post. Just my 2 eurocent..

Have you thought about a three tiered system of membership? I've been a lifetime premium member since dot. I am happy to pay something to up my membership just to support Nexus (since you can't take donations and don't sell merchandise). If you can offer me something special in return, cool, but for me, unnecessary.

As always, I cheer you and your team 110! Thank you for a fantastic site.

Nexus is a member of the vanishing set of Things That Are Right With The World. It gives me hope that people can cross political and cultural boundaries and create something useful and beautiful together. Just for the pleasure of doing it.

I've been coming here since Oblivion days and am sorry to say I've never put any money in the hat. Until today.

Thanks.