movies

eternaldarkness

I really enjoy Pulp Fiction.

I can't really say I have a favorite movie though.

But, I did like Spiderman... waking up from being a nerdy loser to a built superhero is just so awesome.

Lord of the Rings, definately, and while it wasn't my favorite, I really enjoyed Bourne Supremecy.

Agreed with the Signs dissing, Peregrine. That movie was pants and had cheap scares, if any.

~Valdir

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm.... favorite movie? hard one. heres a vrey small list of my favs.

SW 4,5,6

LOTR trilogy

ST2 wrath of khan

what dreams may come

contact

crouching dragon hidden tiger( undubed version)

alien1,and 2

the crow

scarface

spaceballs

fast and ferious 1&2 <-- guilty plesure

night breed

seven

the abyss

x-men 1&2

and many, many more.....

• 3 weeks later...
They are making a movie on Deus Ex.

Lets hope it's got more to do with the original than IW. <_<

And btw, who's they?

Well with me, it would have to be the Matrix trilogy.

Reloaded stunk if I remember correctly. But the first was cool.

It goes without saying

Falling Down (the voices in my head forced me) (probably because I was reminded of myself)

I can't remember the movies I've seen as of late, but I know there were some unmentioned good 'uns.

Oh yes...let me morph into the Berating Brute of Rebuking...

You swine! You mention 80s movies, Mel Gibson movies, and Star Wars (!) but not Band of Brothers??!! Oh the humanity! :blink:

*wipes spittle from chin*

Ahh...much better...

The godfather series rocks THE HOUSE. Blue streak-martin lawrence. Budfinger-steve martin, eddy murphy.

Deux ex will rock the HOUSE also. Oh yeah. I love you scary movie 3.

Quote from scary movie 3

woman explaainingto kid how she got him instead of his real mother

" Your mom also cut your biblical cord herself. Well she got it the second time. The first time she cut your penis in half. We sown it on upside down later. Ill fix it. its on my list of things toi do after getting VIVO. (at this point the kid gasps and anwsers, is that why I pee up? "

• 4 weeks later...

Well since this read has been brought back from the dead, i'll ad my 2 cents.

Actually i agree Hidalgo was quite a good film.

But i cant believe that no one has mentioned Schindler's List, it was one of the most hard hitting and moving films ive ever seem and i'm not usually touched when watching films but that one did. In my oppinion one of the best films of all time.

Yeah, I'll have to agree with you there, Schindler's List is a really good movie. One of the Spielberg Movies I acctually like.

And when speaking about touching films: "The Mission" is the one to go. It's not good in a technical way of speaking, but the story is superb. It was one of the films after which I really wanted to shoot those sons of pregnant-doges. How they massacred those indians...

The one movie which really shows the feeling of the futility of war is "Die Brücke", an old German movie from the fifties. About some boys which are recruited in the last days of WWII and are ordered to defend a bridge, even when the high command has ordered the bridge to be destroyed. They all get shot with the exception of one and he is told that all they had done was just for nothing. Not even a report was filled.

Okay, let me throw in my favorites, too:

The Masque Of The Red Death

Deerhunter

Bram Stoker's Dracula

The thin red line

Apocalypse Now!

Platoon

Reservoir Dogs

Full Metal Jacket

4 Rooms

Pulp Fiction

Basic

This list could go on and on and on... As you see, mostly war and Tarantino in there, I'm a sucker for a good war-drama!

Also when I buy/rent a movie there are three actors I automatically look for;

Christopher Walken

Samuel L. Jackson

Willem Defoe

And maybe a little Vincent Price... :halloween: Or Meg Ryan :halloween: :halloween: :halloween: :halloween: Urgh, I hate Meg Ryan!!!

Archived