Heroes Of The North

Macman253

"Facts, history, events and recordings, huh? Interesting..."

After thinking for a while she continued.

"Have you written anything about Dunmers? I would like to know more about my race, know about their culture. And this mysterious land, Morrowind. It sounds really exciting, not even my father has been there, but my grandfather have. I do not know much about it, but I know that its the land of the Dunmers."

Eireen sighed sadly. She wanted to experience things she did not know about. Would it even be possible? She sure hoped so.

"Wish I could go there someday."

Edited by Niborino9409

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna shook her head softly and replied "Your heritage was lost in the fires of Red Mountain, as it erupted it destroyed many secrets, and washed away much of your people's roots. In it's place the ash wastes are full of nothingness. Your homeland is a sad place now, nothing like the once beautiful land it was. There are still some places of culture and teaching left, Mournhold, and Blacklight are the final stores of your people now. I wrote an unfinished book about modern morrowind, but i couldn't finish, the ash was too much to bear. I have it here, and a copy of your history before the eruption red mountain, should you want them." Anna said kindly, rummaging around her bag until she pulled out two books, one a fine red tome, and the other an ash-weathered, and damaged notebook, she slid them across the table to Eireen with a smile. She wasn't one to share knowledge without a price, but everything she could learn about the young woman sitting with her was still trade.

"Its... gone?" She felt sad, even though she barely knew anything about the place. The connections that she felt that she had with Morrowind, were gone as quick as they had appeared.

She collected herself as much as possible before continuing.

"There is nothing I would rather read than the history of my people."

"I can barely imagine the trouble you went through to write these books. Forgive me for being so blunt, but I doubt I´d get them for free. How much do you want for them? I am sure that my father will agree wth this purchase. He also thinks about the Dunmers and their history from time to time."

Edited by Niborino9409

Anna gave a small smile, and spoke as softly as ever, however a more sagely tone took over her voice. "My rules of trade are as simple as my Masters, although a little less forceful. Knowledge for Knowledge. I don't want money, or items of value- they are worldly and infinite, i have coin in abundance and i need no more. All i ask is some insight, into you." Anna's soft eyes seemed to brighten a little as she spoke, her hand playing with the dangling symbol of Hermaeus Mora that hung from her choker.

Any knowledge was knowledge in it's purest form, and would find a place in the endless Library of Apocrypha, which lengthened and grew far vaster with each passing second. The reality was that all secrets found there way to Apocrypha eventually, and while Mora did not seek insight into Eireens life, who knew what she could become one day? Accounts of great people were often started humbly.

Malus awoke a few hours later with a blade to his throat, the Dunmer that held the blade smiled. "Malus Arveno, good to see you brother..." He quipped, Malus smirked and tapped the tip of the dagger he had at the Dunmer's testicles lightly against his leg. "I see your still the best..." He added as he took the blade away and gave room for Malus to get to his feet. "Odryn, been sometime..." He said calmly as he stood. Odryn laughed and slapped Malus on the back. "Yeah, rumor was you were dead... When I heard about Rolff going missing from thin air I knew that was you. Sadly I am not here for reminiscing I have a job offer for you." He said quickly as he strolled over to the table and began sniffing the variety fruit and settled on a red apple.

Malus' ear perked up at the offer, he longed for a mission. Hunting down the criminals and cutthroats of skyrim no longer challenged him. He sat down on the edge of the bed and listened. "Okay, what job offer is that...." He said, Odryn chuckled and turned, tossing him one of the apples. He tossed it quickly and straight for Malus' face but his reflexes were quick and he snatched it from the air. "Have you ever heard of The Brethren?" He said before biting into the crisp apple. Malus nodded, he knew of Markarth and its current rulers. Odryn saw this and continues, "The Silver-Blood family was ousted when the vampires took over and they fled to Solitude but in doing so they left something important behind." He explained as he paced back and forth across the floor in front of Malus.

Malus hated vampires, not because they were difficult to kill but because they were so arrogant, he remembered getting a contract from the Imperial Army to assassinate a prominent member of The Brethren, while he was there all he heard was how the vampires would rise from the darkness and all that other talk. He never placed value on big talk. Odryn snapped his fingers to bring Malus back to their conversation when he realized Malus had tuned him out. "As I was saying, they left their eldest daughter Luvisa SIlver-Blood. They are moving her from Markarth to Whiterun and eventually into Cyrodiil. You will need to attack the caravan and get her to Solitude." He finished.

Malus thought for a very long moment, weighing his odds and considering plans of attack before settling on the optimal one. "Ten thousand gold pieces... and I will need mercenaries." He said, his eyes locking with Oryn's. The Dunmer smiled wickedly, he knew Malus had a plan brewing in his head that would amaze the military tacticians today.

Eireen became astonished yet again. Why would Anna want to know about her? But she wanted to read the content of the two books on the table so she hadn´t much choice.

"Well, there is not much to say, i have to warn you, it won´t be spectacular."

She ordered some tea before she started.

"I can start with my relatives. My grandfather is General Eyrevehn Rightain of the Imperial Legion. Perhaps you have heard of him? He were married to Camilla Rillian, an Imperial noble I think. She was said to have been very beautiful. I do not know if its true but that is what I have heard. Sadly they are not alive. According to my father they were murdered by Stormcloaks when he were out hunting. He were only 17 years old at the time. The fact that they are dead does not sadden me, because I did not know them. That may sound harsh but thats the truth. Their murder was the reason my father join the Legion."

She fell quiet and looked briefly down on the floor before continuing.

"Hm. The next step is my parents. My father is named Eykthain Rightain, he is a Dunmer like me. But as I think you have noticed our eyes are blue when other Dunmers are red. Thats because we are half-elves. My father is a Dunmer but also and Imperial by blood. I am a Dunmer and Nord "blend". My father is married to Jordis the Sword-Maiden. She were a merchant in Solitude before she met my father. He were a scout in the Legion until his 32nd or 31st year I am not really sure when it comes to the date. He quit because he and his wife were going to have a child, me!" Her voice went louder and she smiled happily upon finishing the sentence."

"Oh, here´s my tea!"
The barmaid appeared with Eireens tea. Eireen paid the young woman and tried to drink her tea, but it was too hot so she had to put it aside to cool. "Ouch! I bunned my tung." A tear formed in her eye, her tongue hurt real bad. Eireen started to breath instensely hoping to cure her scarred tongue.

After her tongue had settled down she continued her story.
"As I said my father quit the Legion the reason being that he were to raise me together with his wife. My childhood were pretty dull. My parents started training me in combat from the age of 8, we practiced using wooden swords until I were old enough to use real weapons. I got my first real sword at the age of 15. I do not use swords now, I have gotten fascinated by war axes for some reason. So I mostly use them instead. When I turned 16 I had surpassed my parents in combat, but that was only in direct combat, my father is much better at stealth and the art of not being seen and my mother can kill a giant with her temperament alone. They can easily surpass me in other areas but I am the better of us in direct confrontations. I do not mean to brag, it is because of my parents that I am good at fighting, they taught me how to use a shield, stab, cut, dodge and everything else, it has sure come to good use. I would be nothing without the things they taught me."

"If we are to go into more personal matters, I have not thought of marriage yet, I would like to see more of the world before starting a family. If you want to know something more than the things I have said, feel free to ask." She smiled happily when she had finished the sentence.

Edited by Niborino9409

Sophos and his two centuries had been in waiting for what felt like an eternity, finally, the stormcloaks he had been waiting for trekked into view. Quickly, the legionairres scrambled into positions, while doing their best not to be seen or heard. Bows were readied and arrows loaded... the stormcloaks marched towards them. Then there was an explosion, the runs Sophos had set exploded and arrows were let loose. Some found their marks, others did not. The stormcloaks nearest the legion archers fell, blood dripping from their wounds. The others were confused, they drew their weapons, their eyes darting back and forth across the terrain. More arrows were shot forward. As these smashed into the stormcloak ranks, the nords finally gathered their wits. There was a roar from the soldiers as both sides broke ranks and charged. Sophos rose to his feet from his hiding position, firing destruction spells towards the stormcloaks.

The screams of the dying could be heard most clearly, then was the clashing of metal and battle cries of stormcloaks. Arrows wizzed overhead and Sophos spells scorched that which they hit, stormcloak or tree. Shouting, screaming, fighting and then... silence. The stormcloak soldiers lay dead, their blue uniforms stained red with their blood. Sophos surveyed the carnage, his final count was 47 legion soldiers dead, but there were about triple that number of dead stormcloaks. The plan had worked and victory belonged to the empire. Without reinforcements, the stormcloak garrison in morthal would be overrun and the empire would begin reclamation of the lands they lost. Sophos shouted orders for the dead to be buried. As these orders were carried out, he walked towards a soldier "Go quickly, inform the soldiers at morthal of our victory, tell them it is safe to press their attack."

"Aye my lord" The soldier said, quickly saluting then turning and rushing in the direction or morthal. Sophos watched the soldier rush away, before turning and walking back towards his men.
Edited by Brutii

Anna smiled, a smile that echoed her satisfaction at hearing about Eireen's life, as un-remarkable as the story was, Anna respected the woman for it, she had grafted a life from small beginnings, and now stood with a remarkable skill in weaponry. As they spoke Anna could feel the library of Apocrypha grow, Eireens life it's own book, and the pages of her known-relatives updated. Through his agents, Mora siphoned knowledge in that way, hence the Library of limitless knowledge. And as long as the world spun, the secrets and fragments of secrets, the tiny whispers of knowledge would never stop.

"But you are spectacular Eireen; Your ancestry stems from 3 races, Imperial, Nord, Dunmer, and your skill echoes them all- You get your looks from your grandmother, your wit from your grandfather, your strength from your mother, and much of your demeanour from your father, No? Forgive me for invading on your past in such a way, But such information could one day become invaluable- Who is to tell your destiny shall not lead to greatness? and when it does, who would want to miss the humble beginnings?"

"The books are yours, enjoy them." Anna said with a wink, writing down more notes on her papers. "have you any questions. Eireen? you seem like the curious sort, and questions require no trade."

"To be honest, I do not think I inherited anything from my grandmother. My looks are from my mother. But I do like the rest you said, who knows? It might be true."

"Thank you" She accepted the books willingly and looked at them for a long time, admiring them as if they were her own children."I sure am going to read them!" She said smiling and carefully put them back on the table.

"I do not think that I have any questions, but perhaps there is something you would like to share about yourself? I would love to hear a bit of your past, how much you want to share is entirely up to you." As she spoke she tilted her head to the side as if to hear better.

Edited by Niborino9409

Anna smiled at the request, and was eager to fulfil Eireen's ask. Her past was certainly different from Eireens, the two were from completely different worlds, Eireen was a hardened girl, who had worked hard her entire life to get where she is, and Anna was a spoilt and coddled noble, who had her every desire served to her on a diamond-studded platter.

"Well, best start with my family then? I was born in Daggerfall, a large city in High Rock, my Mother is and was the High Priestess of Arkay, and my Father a wealthy landowner, who runs a series of farms both in Cyrodiil, and High Rock. Growing up i was a spoilt brat, i was selfish, demanding, careless, you know, all the qualities that give the rich a bad name.... I only got worse, until i realized that i'd end up a washed up old woman living off of the family fortune. So i decided to go permanently to the Adamantine tower, to study and learn under arcane masters. And, well i'd like to hope i managed to turn my life around, i was always the most talented at literature, and writing, hence my occupation as an author."

Anna paused for a moment, but continued. "And i am a devout, loyal follower of my Master, who grants me knowledge and power in return for unearthing secrets and hidden knowledge in this world... i doubt you would know of him, and would certainly question why i devote myself to such a being, rather than the Nine- sorry, Eight divines. He simply echoes everything i am."