Heroes Of The North

Macman253

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sophos existed his room and walked down into the planning room. Gaius was waiting for him, and as soon as Sophos was ready administered the Oath. Sophos swelled with pride as he repeated it. Once the Oath was finished, Gaius turned back to the planning table

"So, you remember what I said about Markarth?" Gaius asked

"Yes, it's under the control of a Vampire clan. Why has the empire not ousted them? They are in a very inconvenient location." Sophos replied, looking at the marker on the table

"Indeed, we have to pass through either Vampires territory or Stormcloak territory in order to get to Solitude from Cyrodiil, though I'm sure you already knew that"

"Of course, I had to take the journey. Is Proculus going to attack them?"

"I'm not sure... in his last letter he talked about retaking the city, but I'm not sure he has the man power."

"What about Morthal?"

"Regillus has the man power to take that city, after all, it has no walls, no proper defense. But whether he will... the legion is becoming more organised, soon we will know every minute of our actions, but for now we are in disarray. I..." A messenger came in, with blood on his feet and a wound on his chest

"The stormcloaks are coming!" he said "I have seen their wolf in the west!"

"What of Regillus and Morthal?" Sophos said, turning to the messenger

"He is laying siege to Morthal, but if the stormcloaks come down on him, he will have to retreat!"

Sophos cast a healing spell on the messenger. It's brilliant glow filled the room and hummed, before dying down. Then he dismissed the messenger and turned to Gaius "I'm going to take some soldiers and ambush those stormcloaks, else we have no hope of taking morthal." Gaius nodded

"Do so with all due haste Sophos and be careful. Everyone back home are already worried over Aquilinus' state, the last thing they need is for one of us to die" Sophos turned and rushed out of the room. Gaius turned back to the table as Sophos left and shook his head slowly to Corvo "I hope Sophos will make it before the stormcloaks reach Morthal.

Mounting his horse, he turned to the century of men he was bringing "We go to fight a group of rebels which numbers double us!" a few whispers could be heard from the soldiers "But we are legionairres! Every one of us is worth 10 stormcloaks!" he shouted, pointed to the standard bearer, who raised the empires flag. The wind caught it, and it rippled in the wind "We will fight with courage! We will fight with dignity! We will fight down these traitors! One day, we will march on Windhelm it's self! And when we arrive, by gods we will cast that traitor Ulfric down from that mountain of sin he has fashion and straight into Atherius!" Sophos turned on his horse "Century! March!" he shouted riding out of the gates, the soldiers marching behind him.

One of the soldiers, a young man, turned to another, and older and more experienced legionairre "I didn't think much of his speech."

The soldier shrugged "Indeed, but he'll get better at it in time, he's new to command"

"And you trust him to lead us into a battle where we are outnumbered 2 to 1?"

"If the Marshall let him have a post in command, then I'm sure he's more than capable, even if he is little more than a child."

"I hear he only got that position because he's a noble. Tree-eye or something like that."

"You mean Triarii?" The soldier raised his eye brow when he looked at the other

"You know them?"

"They are an old and powerful family, well established back in cyrodiil, they come from a long line of millitary service. Apparently they are raised to lead soldiers into battle. Is that something you can trust, Lars?"

"I suppose..." The soldier said, sounding unconvinced

Edited by Brutii

Athelle awoke with a yawn as sunlight poured into his chamber, the heavenly light washing over his naked body, as he stretched, his arms touched warm flesh. Raising an eyebrow, he sat up and noticed there were two other Altmer flat out either side of him, and judging from the state of their hair, they had had either a night of tossing and turning... or...

He got up from the bed, looking about the room at random articles of clothing tossed about, empty bottles of Alto-wine strewn about. He gathered up all of the clothing, and folded it into two piles at the bottom of the bed, being careful as to not wake the sleeping duo. He often awoke with people in his bed, and remembered nothing of the night before, or awoke alone, getting strange looks from his comrades as he passed them in the corridors of the fort. A trait he retained from his youth it seems, only not quite as frowned upon. He smirked at his condition as he gazed in the mirror, and chuckled softly to himself as he made his way to the wash-room.

After a lengthly cleansing of his body, washing his silken hair with the new Altmer invention of sheared soap, boiled with herbs to create a liquid that lathered into hair, giving it softness and shine, as opposed to the dry, irritating feel of using conventional soap. There was nothing Athelle hated more than being unclean, a trait shared with many Altmer, but not quite to the obsessive level he was used to. His peers saw his intense regime as rather pointless, considering the harsh climate of Skyrim, but for Athelle, that was more the reason.

Once he was satisfied he was clean, Athelle returned to his dressing room, and began changing into his robes. he slipped on his silken underwear first, then his leather trousers, and over the top his robe, layer by layer he put it on and fastened it in place, finalizing with his capelet. He retrieved his jewellery from it's box, and slipped on two elven rings, one on his index finger, and one on his thumb, both upon his right hand, They glinted in the light with magical charge, sparkling as though they were newly made, despite their ancient history. Athelle kissed his signet ring, and left his dressing room, slipping on his fine boots just before he walked out the door.

Doing up the golden straps and buckles from his navel up to the centre of his chest, Athelle walked elegantly across the hallway, and up the stairs of the fort, arriving eventually at Lord Valesco's office. He knocked twice with delicate hands, fastening his cuffs before he stepped through the door. Lord Sirius's chambers were as grand as one would imagine, his desk made of polished black wood, with legs of moonstone, sculpted with intricate Elven craftsmenship. The lord himself, an old Altmer with silver-white hair, and piercing green eyes looked up from his papers, his face angular and snobbish.

"Ah, Athelle you are here. Good, sit." he spoke like a man with little time on his hands.

Athelle obeyed and sat down with a thud on the chair, his body still slightly stiff. "You wished to see me sir?" He asked with one perfect eyebrow raised.

"Yes, i have received word that a Stormcloak patrol will be carrying medical supplies from Ivarstead to Windhelm today, at around 2pm, i trust that you unit will be ready by then?" He asked, his hands crossed.

Athelle let his brow return to normal, and asked inquisitively "If you mind my saying sir, Why do you need the Darkblade's to handle such a... mundane assignment? That is what your soldiers are for sire, no disrespect intended." He said as politely as one could.

"Because these are not simple Stormcloak rabble, otherwise i would have left you to continue your other activities all day. They are the Snow-paw regiment, so it seems Ulfric is expecting trouble. You know what brutes they are Athelle, a simple patrol would be crushed. In these times i find myself relying on you more and more. You shall be justly rewarded my friend."

"I need not reward sire, i was imply curious. if that is all..."

"There is one other detail, your message to the Order regarding the suspected Vampire in our ranks has been replied to, i am far too busy to deal with that detail right now... I have to handle our larger problems. The letter is in your study."

"Very well sir, good day."

Athelle left the office and briefed his men on there assignment, returning to his study to read this correspondence.

Valerius knocked on Geralts door, the white haired vampire-slayer looked up from the journal. Surprised to see the Justicar at his door. Valerius walked into the room and tossed a letter on Geralts desk. "An identical letter has been sent to a contact within the Thalmor. There is a vampire within the Thalmor ranks, we do not know who so you are to take your apprentice and investigate. Take her to the armoury and ready her, this should be a simple search and destroy." He said, Geralt nodded and opened the letter.

Our scrying has discovered a Vampiric threat from within the Thalmor. Numerous sources inform us that the vampire in question is posing as an agent of the Thalmor. We are sending our top hunter and his apprentice to find and eliminate this threat. We ask that you do NOT interfere with his mission. He is oath-bound to destroy the vampire solely and will not reveal anything he sees to anyone other then Lord Valesco and Justicar Valerius. The Order will dispose of the vampire and its remains on site and the agent will promptly leave the premises once his mission is complete. We ask that you assign a representative to the Agent and His Apprentice, preferably someone capable in combat and intelligent. We will not take responsibility for the death of your chosen representative, If you do not agree to these terms please inform us and the Hunter will be recalled from his mission until you agree to our terms.

From The Desk Of,

Justicar Valerius.

Geralt tucked the letter in his satchel and collected his things, he grabbed the vials of Dead Mans Blood and silver powder, these items were useful in finding a hidden vampire. Most likely this was a Cyrodiiliic vampire and that means they could not be detected by scent or eye and if they are fed they do not feel the burn of the sun but they are weakened by it, he grabbed a scroll of guardian circle. As he collected his things Sophie strolled inside the room. "Father Storm-Hammer said you required me?" She asked, Geralt nodded. "Go to the armoury, collect your weapons. We have a vampire to hunt." He replied as he packed all the things he would need. The girl practically beamed with excitement as she ran to the armoury, returning a few minutes later with a crossbow and silver bolts, a silvered-steel sword and a set of Dawnguard Armor.

Geralt threw the pack over his shoulder and departed, an hour later they were out of Solitude and bound for Black Scar Fortress.

Edited by Macman253

Athelle read through the letter and set it down with a sigh- This order really didn't care about whom their clients were, they maintained clear instructions and forced orders upon those hiring them. Despite the rather curt wording of the letter, it was straight to the point and allowed no messing around, something Athelle could respect. He had no qualms about following orders and abiding by others rules, unless of course they interfered with his own beliefs- Which in this particular situation, it didn't. He had but one problem, and that was for it to be kept exclusively to Lord Valesco and this Justicar Valerius- Despite the fact it was Athelle who sent and sealed the letter. Still, Valesco was his superior, and addressing all issues to the top was better than insulting a leader, by assuming one bellow them had the right to know about the subject.

Reading over the subject of the representative to attend this pair of Vampire hunters, Athelle sighed, putting his beautiful into his hands. "Well, looks like that's going to be me. As usual." He said rolling his eyes to himself. Addressing his assistant he said "I need you to handle any problems until i am able to return- I have the matter of attending a pair of vampire hunters to deal with." He said with a sarcastic grin, retrieving his blade from it's stand. He the sheath to his front, and composed himself, before walking down the levels of the fort, and exiting into the courtyard. The day was fine and the wind mild, it gently blew his hair as it shined in the sunlight. Athelle walked elegantly out of the fort, and stood part-way down the path, knowing that he would have to greet this duo as they arrived. He stood still with his hands behind his back, seeing figures approaching in the distance. Behind him two Thalmor soldiers stood to attention.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Geralt and Sophie rode hard through the night and by midday their destination was in sight. Sophie rode well and she kept up with Deuce, a trait that would serve her well in her career. The sun beat down on him but since he had fed he did not feel as sick as he once did, feeding on that Nord had restored his strength and made him feel strong once again. He knew that despite this feeling the vampire they were tracking was an elite spy and infiltrator. Most likely a member of the Brethren and a Master Vampire. They rode quickly, it wasn't long before they trodded up to the main gates. The Altmer that stood before them was tall and attractive but, Geralt knew by his scent and the sound of his heart he was not like other Thalmor. He could sense the aura of confidence he projected, it was not tempered by zealotry or fanatical resolve, but by a calm and almost feminine demeanor. This man was someone that knew his place, he did not underestimate his opponents and that made him a deadly foe.

Geralt slid off his horse and approached, the wind flapping his wild white hair. His hand rested on the hilt of the dagger in his belt, "I am Geralt Vex of the Dawnguard." He said, removing the letter and drawing back his sleeve to reveal the brand on his wrist. "This is my apprentice, Sophie Devereaux." He added, regarding the teenage Breton woman on horseback. Geralts black eyes took in the Darkblade, he knew full well of Darkblades and their renowned spellcraft and swordsmenship. His pupil-less eyes locking with the two Thalmor soldiers, both regarding him with disdain and they were willing to slaughter him if they got the chance, the Thalmor had gained a reputation as Elf-Supremacists, they regarded anyone but Mer as inferior. Geralt had seen many of their kind take the Blood Kiss willingly, he knew of their weakness for power and the vampire within their ranks would be an Altmer.

Athelle smiled as the duo dismounted, taking the appearance of both in as he gazed them up and down. The male was well built, handsome and dark, his white hair rather contradictory to his true nature, the nature reflected in his black eyes, and the teenage girl, most likely reaching the end of her teens, was very pretty, and she oozed naivety. The beautiful Altmer brushed the blonde streak of his hair out of his eyes, and shook Geralt's hand.

"The pleasure is mine sir, Athelle Direnni at your service, Commandant of Darkblade initiative." His words oozed his high position in life, and were tinged with a ring of both undeniable masculinity, with his deep, rich tone, but a feminine edge in the way he formed his letters. A smile graced his lips, and he gestured for his men to stand down. Indeed Athelle was different from the rest of the Thalmor.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

The following day Eykthain found Eireen in the small armory that they kept in the basement, admiring her fathers new armor.

As she heard him approach she turned to face him. "Why did you buy a new set of armor dad?"

"It will come in handy if I meet a vampire, or two."

"Shouldn´t mother and I have vampire-proof armor too?"

"First of all, young lady: It is not "vampire-proof", it is designed to repel vampires. And yes, you should, but you do not need it. You and your mother are not going to fight any vampires, thats my job. I fight them so that you do not have to."

"Ok, I see. But what if the vampires invade Riften?"

"It does not matter which armor you wear in a situation like that, my armor is just a precaution."

"The armor is really not the reason I am here."

"I know. You are here because you want to..."

"...follow you. I am tired of being at home, I want to go out adventuring like you!"

"Adventuring, thats what they call it nowadays? No."

"But why?"

"I do not want anything dangerous to happen to you. Or your mother."

"What makes you think that Riften is safer? The risk of being murdered or mugged is as great here too, if not greater."

"Eireen, enough! You are surrounded by Imperial Soldiers. You are not safer anywhere else than here. The answer is No." Eykthain put his armor on and walked up the stairs. Eireen could hear the door slam as he left. As she walked up the stairs she met her mother who had woke up because of the argument she and her father had.

"What was all that screaming and slamming about? Where is your father?"

"He left. I asked him if I could follow him, he said no. He does not want us to be harmed."

"Sometimes I think that the fact that you have surpassed us both really gets to him. He has always been strong, but now there is someone stronger than him."

"He´s jealous?"

"No, not jealous, there is something else, but I do not know what it is. Did he say where he was headed?"

"No, he did not tell me. But he had his new armor on and brought his "new" sword."

"Solitude Eireen, Solitude. Where else would he go? Follow him, I want you to keep him safe. For I am worried about him..."

Edited by Niborino9409

Tenibrus insisted that they stop at the stables briefly first so that he could retrieve his horse. On his way he was stopped by a courier bearing a letter for him, it had been written earlier that day judging by the date. It was sealed with a peculiar wax, crimson with little streaks of silver in it. It came from his offices and the crest was a goat head, Markarth. He didn't open the letter yet, instead he tucked it inside of his coat. He hitched his steed to the back of the carriage so that he would follow it and be nearby should Tenibrus be in need.

The carriage ride was uneventful. When they arrived at the embassy two Thalmor guards approached the carriage doors, as they moved to open them Tenibrus shot forth slamming them to the ground with his vampiric strength. The sun was setting quickly and his full power was returning to him. He held them both by the throat, waiting for Selene to speak. He wasn't entirely sure of the plan, if it was to 'forcibly remove' them all or talk them out so he let her make the first real move.

Geralt took the Altmer's hand and nodded. He locked onto the Altmer's eyes, as if reading him like a book. He grasped the Altmer's hand and pricked him with a needle covered in blacked blood. He then watched as the Altmer retained control of his body. Assured that he was not a vampire he nodded. "It is good to see you, sorry for the test." He said, removing a vial of black liquid. "Dead Mans Blood, it paralyzes vampires..." He added. "Tell Valesco to send every officer to the courtyard. Tell them its for inspection..." He said in a commanding voice as Sophie dismounted and collected the luggage strapped to their horses.