Practical, functional, and stylish female plate armor

ScottC12

I have been looking for a functional, semi-historical Gothic/Italianesque steel plate armor mod for females.

I've seen many Skyrim female armor mods, but the practical-looking ones tend to not be stylish, and the stylish sets don't look practical.

I use the Practical Female Armor SE mod, which replaces vanilla armors for females with more practical (male)-looking armors, but I am looking for a more unique female armor set.

For an example, I looked at the LARP/cosplay outfitter Armstreet and came across their beautiful "The Dark Star Collection" set.

The armor set appears to combines protection, functionality, and style.

The Armstreet site has several pics, and their FB page even has a few videos.

I am not advocating copying the set (which may be copyrighted), but it could be used as inspiration for a similar style of armor set.

I am no modder, beyond creating a few simple follower NPCs, but if someone with armor set modding experience could take this up, I am sure there would be many who would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Edited by ScottC12

Try the Sovereign Slayer set, it's pretty good, and the Unplayable Faction Armour mod has some the Vigilant's of Stendar in some nice Full Case armour, and the replacement Silver Hand armour is pretty nice too, and the Redguard armour is some nice Lamallar that is all too rare in Skyrim, and ALL of those armours are UNISEX, so will work on female characters too.

Also, if you havent already, get the Medusa Armour and Zerofrost's Valkyrie Armour..... slightly stylised... but essentially legit practical BEAUTIFUL full plate for women.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, since the armour in the pic you posted, seems to be essentially Lamminar... or by the time armour of that style was made... Aminar... well the folde, rerebracers, pauldrons and partially the vambraces too (only two sectional segment but stil).... and there is a HUGE amount of inner arm exposure too...... then she absolutely SHOULD be wearing a hulberk over her akaton. And chaucers over her hose, if she's wearing Lamminar cuises and greaves too.

SOOOOOO.... not to put too finer point on it ....but.... that armour is also unrealistic, historically inaccurate.... and.... dare I say it... unimmersive!!! :tongue: :tongue:

*EDIT* OOOOOPS looks like she has a Lamminar GORGET too? Now now.. NO.. we do not want that... no no no... not without a Coif beneath.

Segments allow movement, and segmented can be lighter... but moving segmented plates, need channels to move, and must mover over or under each other, that means GAPS.... significantly MORE gaps than Lamallar or Scale, and a LOT more than Brigandine, and FAR more than Plate.

Gaps are death. Rondel Daggers love gaps, and hate you being alive.

Lamminar needs Maille. She needs Maille.

*Cries... * she's being unimmersive!!!!!!!!

Edited by Apis4

WOW just wow Apis4 :thumbsup:

All I know about armor is that the examples in the local museum show how short people were back in the days they were worn.

(sorry for interjecting folks... feel free to delete this, I just had to express my admiration publicly)

PS> I'm amazed that the OP's image is from a game, not a real life pic)

Apis & anjenthedog,

The pic is from a LARP armor and clothing supplier Armstreet and is not from a game. The site says the armor is blackened spring steel.

To complete the set, yes, it should have chainmail where the cloth gambeson is visible.

I think the site wanted to focus on the steel armor set they were selling for LARP purposes, and was not concerned with complete realistic protection that such as steel set would actually have, but it is a nice inspirational set for the steel pieces.

Apis & anjenthedog,

The pic is from a LARP armor and clothing supplier Armstreet and is not from a game. The site says the armor is blackened spring steel.

To complete the set, yes, it should have chainmail where the cloth gambeson is visible.

I think the site wanted to focus on the steel armor set they were selling for LARP purposes, and was not concerned with complete realistic protection that such as steel set would actually have, but it is a nice inspirational set for the steel pieces.

Ah...that makes sense. The armor almost looks like it came from a game, but her face is so "real"... and now I know why :)

I know a few, which may be close.

SPOA Silver Knight Armor (essentially a remake of the nord plate, can be standalone)

Zerofrost Mythical Armors and Dragon: Valkyrie Armor (female only)

Chevaleresse II Armor - This is probably what you really want... Except for maybe the boots.