PS4 mod limitations (Xbox limitations if any) and the impact on my idea for a mod... i.e precombined

al9984

I think I'm trying to be too "arty farty" with the shadows, I didn't think about low spec machines and of course the consoles fall into the mid spec range so I'll tone down the shadows and have another play round with the lights without shadows.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear regarding DLC... I'd forgotten about Automatron (despite having completed it's main quest again last week) I might try to keep a "lite" version or put off using DLC assets for a couple of updates so at least there's something everyone can use but we'll see as the project goes on.

(after thought - What about expansion packs for the mod... main file = base game, then a DLC dependant optional file with extras for those with the DLC... would probably be the only file that got updated but would at least keep it accessible. Something similar could be done with anything not compatible with consoles)

I'm about to embark on the task of cluttering the first house... I never know when to stop, I have trouble getting the balance between lived-in/realistic/overcrowded. wish me luck

Oh man. I remember when you could install Linux ob the Ps3

Me too. And so do all those people part of the class action suit against SONY when they disabled that ability. Ah, the joys of closed architecture hardware that you don't actually own and the manufacturer determines what you can do with it.

Well I think you could always go back to the initial version by resetting to the factory mode. But no wonder they changed it. Sony just did it because they could classify it as a PC and reduce some export-taxes that way