How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've run into a problem with my merging now...it's very frustrating. I'm trying to merge a bunch of book mods, but every time I renumber their Form IDs the leveled lists and containers all go crazy...I don't quite understand why. It loses all the information from the merged patch I create just before the full merge. The patch is made correctly, but each time the Forms are renumbered, it loses everything...It's really annoying. I'm gonna try a merge without renumbering...hoping it works.

Edit:

Finally managed to get it to merge properly...had to renumber the forms by hand, then make a merged patch, then finally merge them into the final file

draco, were you trying the script?

also, try the following:

make sure none of the FormIDs have been edited before renumbering. There is a bug with CompareExchangeFormID where it compares to what the FormID was before editing in the current session, so you cannot Renumber FormIDs more than once for a particular mod without causing all the references in the mod to break.

make sure you make the merged patch after renumbering the formIDs.

that should fix any problems you have.

Edited by matortheeternal

After doing some endless merging with a bazillion different mods, I've found that any reference can get it's FormID changed to "000000", making it a null reference. Also, when this happens, all the other information that belonged to the reference is lost; sounds like a corruption glitch.

Even if the same files are merged the same way a second time, there's no guarantee if the same FormID will be corrupted, if any.

I've since deleted the files, but I'm up for mergin' a bunch more to give an example file if need be.

I was using the merging script, but it didn't happen with my previously merged files using the same script so it was weird. It was the last file I needed to merge, but it's done now so no big deal I hope.

Edit:

Well...it seems there was more wrong with my merged books file then I thought...it's given me an undeniable start-up crash when I launch Skyrim...I have no clue why it's decided to go and get messed up after doing other merges flawlessly before...is it possible for an ESP to mess with the merge process? If so...it seems I have a lot of work ahead of me to try and find the ESP or ESPs that are making this difficult...

Strange thing about this is the mods by themselves don't crash the game, but once merged...Ugh...I hate things like this.

I was using the merging script, but it didn't happen with my previously merged files using the same script so it was weird. It was the last file I needed to merge, but it's done now so no big deal I hope.

Edit:

Well...it seems there was more wrong with my merged books file then I thought...it's given me an undeniable start-up crash when I launch Skyrim...I have no clue why it's decided to go and get messed up after doing other merges flawlessly before...is it possible for an ESP to mess with the merge process? If so...it seems I have a lot of work ahead of me to try and find the ESP or ESPs that are making this difficult...

Strange thing about this is the mods by themselves don't crash the game, but once merged...Ugh...I hate things like this.

are you merging everything into a single esp?

also, try 1.1 of the script. it might work better.

I merged a bunch of armor and weapon mods, but when I load in CK I get a bunch of warnings for "FORMS: File 'xxx.esp' contains a form with a master file ID but no match in the master file: (0000xxxx)". Any reason?

I click yes to all a bunch of times and it loads, can edit and whatever. I put all the items into containers to access in-game and I didn't see any problems.