How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

I tried to merge the different ESP's of "Immersive Settlements" into one.

I worked just after the tutorial, but everytime, my TESVEdit is hangig when I try to create the new file T.T

Don't renumber the form id's, and manually check through to see that the process worked as intended. I'm saying this because when I renumbered form id's, the scripts could no longer find the id's they were looking for (because they had been changed) and it caused ctd at startup. That said, without renumbering, you need to check that things copied over the way they were supposed to. Manually correct anything you need to.

Edit: I retract my previous statement, I'm fairly certain the issue I was having is not due to merging these files after renumbering the form id's. Stick with the original instructions. Or use the new mod matortheeternal released!

What new mod do you mean?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have easily over a 100 mods just for Armours and I love them all, so when I hit 255 limit I end up removing some of the Gameplay mods to make a few slots available. This tutorial salvaged me from such a fate.

So, after a quick readthrough of some of the replies to this thread, I understand that Mods with extensive scripting is a no-no for merging. Basically this translates to me as, Armor & Weapon Mods without a scripts folder.

What I want to know is will this work with Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements? I want every single one of its modules, but I don't know if it has scripts since everything comes in a bsa file.

I have easily over a 100 mods just for Armours and I love them all, so when I hit 255 limit I end up removing some of the Gameplay mods to make a few slots available. This tutorial salvaged me from such a fate.

So, after a quick readthrough of some of the replies to this thread, I understand that Mods with extensive scripting is a no-no for merging. Basically this translates to me as, Armor & Weapon Mods without a scripts folder.

What I want to know is will this work with Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements? I want every single one of its modules, but I don't know if it has scripts since everything comes in a bsa file.

1. Go to http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1033740

2. Ctrl+F and search for ACE Modules.

3. Read the reports.

4. Prosper.

• 2 weeks later...

So I somewhat understand the process. Instead of deleting the other esp's. Can you disable the mod in Manager (which would of course delete the files I think)?

If you do. Won't the files (Mesh/Texture) needed with the merge mod be missing? Is there a way to combine the files (like a bsa IIRC) to the merged mod or does it do so already?

If not how would you do that incase you needed to redo/get it later?

Just seems iffy and can someone make these things a bit more clear?

So I somewhat understand the process. Instead of deleting the other esp's. Can you disable the mod in Manager (which would have course delete the files I think)?

Disabling the mod in the manager will uninstall the associated data files. You DO NOT WANT THIS. You can, however, disable the ESP from your loadorder via the mod manager or Wyre Bash or whatever load order manager you use.

If you do. Won't the files (Mesh/Texture) needed with the merge mod be missing? Is there a way to combine the files (like a bsa IIRC) to the merged mod or does it do so already?

The files don't need to be combined or put into a BSA. You could certainly do so if you wanted to, it's just unnecessary. Just remove/disable the ESPs for the mods you merged and enable the merged ESP and you're set to go.