The Impossible Mod has been Cracked.

Jason2112

Nice! Telescope Mod, by: KettleWitch ...

Epic work ...

Many, many modders have tried to do this from the start. (countless times) Since it was implemented nicely way back in Morrowind. This mod has been a kind of, holy grail of mods to modders. After no one could create a working version for the Elder Scrolls. Probably the most attempted mod of all time.

No ordinary mod: Though in design, this project is seemingly simple. Modders soon found it to be "impossible", as the only real way to do it was 1/2 mod 1/2 hack. Many versions were attempted over the last year. This mix proved to be a deadly combo. Leaving the Elder Scrolls without our beloved spyglass and Elder Scrolls modders forever stained by the failure.

KettleWitch has picked up the pieces of our shattered pride with his new Telescope Mod. Created without the "hack" using the scripting system built into Skyrim. Truly epic work and research.

Well worth the download.

Edited by Jason2112

It's on my Hit List of "Must Need Mods"; I was thinking about just this thing a few weeks ago when I saw it in the Latest Mods list. Really great work and I'm loving the support KettleWitch is getting from the mod author community.

As I understand it UI mods in general are hard to implement.

I believe this may be vested in the fact that the Interface is implemented with actionscript, outside of the creation engine. It therefore requires a slightly different skill set to most mods.

I could have gotten the wrong end of the stick with this though.