any way around this?

nognow

What good would FNVedit be if it allowed you to do something that would completely mess up the ESP?

There's a reason programs don't let you change certain things

I should clarify that this isn't the change I'm having trouble changing, this is just an example; I tried to recreate the error.

Then perhaps you need to think a bit more about how to describe whatever it is you want to know how to work around, specifically. Showing us an irrelevant example is wasting both your time and ours. (Changing the "load order" is outside the scope of what xEdit is designed to deal with, and not a trivial feature to add considering the base tool works with a number of different TES games.)

-Dubious-

I'm not really sure what your trying to do, however I NEVER edit the original esp of a mod. I right click at the top on one of the columns and click override record, then I just drag and drop the bits that I want and load that after all of the other mods. In other words I make a Merge Patch. Or if your trying to make a entirely new edit, I would go into the geck make my edit, then use FNV to make sure the edit is not conflicting with something else. If it is then do as I said above. If this didn't help you let me know.