How to "Uninstall All" In Vortex?

Zanderat
Go to solution Solved by Rattledagger,

I want to start over. New game, new mods. I could "purge", but that doesn't remove anything. I guess I could ctrl-A and then "disable", but I don't want anything left behind in the staging folder that I am not using. Thoughts?

@Rattledagger, thank you! That's it. "Remove" but don't delete the archive should do it. Game was getting over-modded and bloated. Time for a diet!

On Skyrim SE, I have roughly four times as many mods installed as enabled for any given profile.

I hate to tell you - but removing mods from your mod staging folder won't help game bloat, save bloat, or performance.

The only key is to reduce the number of mods you have enabled for any given profile. And use lots of Profiles.

Especially have a base profile that all other profiles can start from, with a tried and proven set of mods for the base.

Edited by rmm200

@rmm200, the goal was to easily revert back to vanilla. I wanted to remove from staging, as it is a pointless waste of space to have unused mods taking up disk space there.

If what you are removing are mods you will never use - why keep them in Downloads? That is also a waste of space.

Yup. Agreed. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

ctrl+a, choose "Remove" to uninstall all mods. If you also wants to delete the mod-archives choose "Delete archive" in the dialogue that opens-up after choosing Remove on all mods.

To be even more extreme, you can also delete all save-games and delete all profiles.

omg thank you. How is this not something more obvious?

• 1 year later...