The Speed of Thought

Deleted54170User

No ... and sort of ...

You can certainly "train" yourself to calmness, or "hype" yourself up as athletes sometimes do, but all that does is change what we "consiously" perceive, by a small amount, while our primitive unconscious brains work at the same rate they always do.

Now it is true that the "fight or flight" response, which as mentioned, can be somewhat artificially stimulated, will increase or decrease the amount of neurons being activated, it may increase blood flow to our limbs so that muscles are "poised" to take action, it will increase the blood flow throughout our body to increase oxygenation etc. and it will alter the who, what, where, when of information that gets passed along to our conscious thought processes, but those chemical reactions cannot in any way "change" in speed, and certainly can never travel FTL.

So NO, we cannot change the speed of the chemical processes that are "thoughts", and we cannot change the unconscious functioning of our brains ...

Yes, we can change our "perception" of the speed of CONSCIOUS thoughts.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the sense in your words Perraine and HeyYou made some I have experienced as well too.

I am going to give myself some time to reflect on your words and the words of HeyYou as well as everyone who has given a light interest in the discussion with educated experience.

I am enjoying this. I've barely had time to discuss any of what interests I found during my growing stages. I would have like to have had such clear information from talking about the questions I've had. I suppose I many may have asked them before me as well. Just having a bit more level headed talk, I think in my case, it makes what I have learned and yet have questions about, more interesting.

Thx. BBS

Then there is a book I read about our Soul. Strange that a soul would want to reside in a body that is made up of the Microbiome that is now known in a better light from Biology Studies.

What the Tibetan Book of the Dead adds to my knowledge is nothing as romantic as the Egyptian Book of the Dead, because the Tibetan Book of the Dead suggests they studied the Soul. Hm?

So there is the confusion between we are a body and we have a soul and we are a soul and we have a body? I sort of prefer the Soul has a body version. Seems most video games character we act as is a body and we are in charge of the controls for it. Why would being a Soul and having a body in reality be such a big deal and so different then?

My next question is... How far and fast can a Soul travel to get anywhere a Soul can?

That's a question you'd have to ask God.

Oh! I don't like to talk about those kinds of people. I prefer archaeologist evidence that leaves us without any doubt we don't know enough about anything from the past to know what a God is.

I wouldn't know a God if I saw one. Everyone seems to think they are Gods, or God's gift to man or God's gift to woman. Then tell me I am not. I'm just a cripple. Poor insignificant cripple as far as they are concerned.

It's sad that you mentioned that kind of infinitely all knowing know nothing blurb. If a God answered questions like Gods are supposed to we all would be so well educated we could reach out of our solar systems and beyond. Faster than the speed of life!

Oh! I don't like to talk about those kinds of people. I prefer archaeologist evidence that leaves us without any doubt we don't know enough about anything from the past to know what a God is.

I wouldn't know a God if I saw one. Everyone seems to think they are Gods, or God's gift to man or God's gift to woman. Then tell me I am not. I'm just a cripple. Poor insignificant cripple as far as they are concerned.

It's sad that you mentioned that kind of infinitely all knowing know nothing blurb. If a God answered questions like Gods are supposed to we all would be so well educated we could reach out of our solar systems and beyond. Faster than the speed of life!

LOL ... nice one Paga. Did you ever run into one of those people who are convinced that the Light of the Universe shines out their butt. They drop their drawers and we are all expected to gather round and marvel at the wonders beaming out their butts.

Maybe that's what the world needs ... more Butt Beams!!

On the bright side you have a

in your neck of the woods. I heard him say in one of his talks that he has a hammer (and wasn't afraid to use it either).

Have you run into some people who call themselves The Rosicrucian Order A. M. O. R. C. I did before the new organization took over back around 1997.

I saw some of the first Krishna. They scared me!

I picked up on a piece of property that has a historical landmark. The Property Tax people made it so valuable they won't ever tear it down. All I do is live on the property letting nature takes its course.

Jack Horner is not so bright since three families donated three complete Tyrannosaurus-Rex to the Museum of the Rockies which were studied and found out all the things in the Jurassic Park movies about the dinosaur's is false.

I watched Elton John's biography movie Rocketman and I didn't get tuned in, turned on, or wanted to be a Mother like he did, with his life full of homosexuals.

I keep looking for some instance of real life that might describe what fun I had. It's all been work.

I was hoping getting into some discussion about the science of sound I might find a resemblance to what I might have liked to do for fun.

From what I learned here I try to reason outside the borders I encounter in knowledge, just like people did with the video games borders so they didn't keep getting the messages, "You can't go any further."

Hmmm, I believe you misunderstood me.

I wasn't making any reference to a particular deity or religion. However your reference to a "soul", the existence of which is a completely unscientific hypothesis, leads only to the belief in some "higher" being and/or state of being.

When I speak of God, and I do indeed believe in God, I'm not picturing Morgan Freeman in a white suit, or some other "being" you can actually talk to. But rather in the same sense that Einstein himself was referring to when he said (paraphrasing) "God does not play dice with the universe".

In this sense 'God" isn't a being, but rather a "consciousness" or "drive" that is the "reason" for the Universe. It's an "idea" of existence, perhaps in some unknown (and unknowable) dimension or "plane of existence", but it some way, it's what makes the universe "live".

Hmmm, I believe you misunderstood me.

I wasn't making any reference to a particular deity or religion. However your reference to a "soul", the existence of which is a completely unscientific hypothesis, leads only to the belief in some "higher" being and/or state of being.

When I speak of God, and I do indeed believe in God, I'm not picturing Morgan Freeman in a white suit, or some other "being" you can actually talk to. But rather in the same sense that Einstein himself was referring to when he said (paraphrasing) "God does not play dice with the universe".

In this sense 'God" isn't a being, but rather a "consciousness" or "drive" that is the "reason" for the Universe. It's an "idea" of existence, perhaps in some unknown (and unknowable) dimension or "plane of existence", but it some way, it's what makes the universe "live".

Your words were what made your meaning unclear. Now that you have elucidated with words to show you have some sense of a vast real estate beyond what we call our sight can view it is better that you recognized you used uneducated words spoken by children who have not read much about life yet and wrote words now about it with more words to appraise your own concepts.

What matters is that people never let what we believe become so ingrained we never find out if what we known and can compare to beliefs are valid. Scientist often become frustrated adventurers who only wish to find a way back to the udder of life.

Unlike Nostradamus: MIchel de Nostredame who was a great physician that used code to keep his medical journals from being read by uneducated doctors and competing doctors from his own school. Some of his first journals were stolen while on delivery to the college which he gave his reports on medical research. With his wife and childrens help he started coding and making several copies to assure at least one of his latest work in his journals would get to the correct people at the college.

Coding them made them worthless to hired thieves who would rob couriers for them and sell them to people of the craft who wanted his knowledge so they could heal their own and receive acclaim for the wisdom. The wisdom they didn't have the patience to learn on their own. His children received letters about how the family at home was doing in the code we call Quatrains for their entire lives keeping them safe from the many dangers life presented them from the uneducated hoards.