Scheduled partial down-time and mod publishing

Dark0ne

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic idea. It would be helpful if there was also an option to "un-publish" a mod and start over without needing to delete the whole page. I'm not even sure that deleting the page would allow you to start over with the same name again.

Such a system would get abused by people constantly unpublishing and publishing their mods to get in the "new today" area every day.

As Thandal said, if you want to take your mod down to perform edits after publishing a mod you just hide it from view and edit away.

Hi Dark0ne, I began working on my descriptions page in mid-Dec and did not publish my mod until Jan 1st. Currently my mod comment topic has been lost, here is the thread on it. I assume it's the timing described above. Now I know why my mod didn't make the hot files list because it had more endorsements than other hot files at the time. Not bitter about it, that's just the way it goes sometimes. But I would like the comment topic restored if possible.

Not sure if someone else on the staff fixed this for you or not, but when I go to that mod the comment thread shows up fine?

Similarly, no offense intended, but your mod has had 49 endorsements in 2 months. Currently the mod with the lowest number of endorsements in the hot files has 67 endorsements in 5 days. You do need a lot of endorsements to get in to the Hot Files.

Just checked the forum comment link and I get this - http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=849629

Thandal replied so I'm sure it will be corrected soon.

I've seen recent Hot Files with endorsements in the 30's but not sure how long they had been up. Not complaining or competing but trying to regain exposure that may have been lost due to my two-week page development to publishing the mod.

Yes, that's the comment topic for the file you added -- I don't get what the problem is? You added your file on the 5th of December at 10:23PM, that comment thread was made on the 5th of December at 10:23PM...it's the comment topic for your file...

A question about the chat room: What will happen to it? I've heard that there's a want to transfer it over to an IRC system... but the ports for IRC are blocked where I am and getting them unblocked is not an option. Edited by Madcat221