NMM can't find skyrim.esm

scotv453

• 8 months later...

When i try to use the Nexus mod Manager and error message comes up and says "You are missing C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/downloading/skyrim.esm. please verify your game install and ensure C:\Program Files"

Same here and none of the other posts here have fixed the problem. I do not this these people have this error their for they do not have a solution. I too am having issues with Nexus not recognizing the skyrim.esm file when it is in the designated folder I choose. No matter what it does not see it thus does not let me mod skyrim. Windows 8.1 may be the issue and the devs have not patched Nexus yet.

Also for no reason at all the nexus mod manager keeps putting the final failed directory with a extra folder named data that does not exist. See image https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Ldya8iC8mjTnowcUhhYUE3UEE/edit?usp=sharing

I noticed a duplicate folder with no content in another directory. So I deleted thinking NMM was getting confused. Still no joy, it keeps referring to \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Data\skyrim.esm which does not exist on my drive but \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\skyrim.esm does and I keep pointing the software there and it keeps f-ing up the directory location in the error. This is maddening.

For some reason, Google (Chrome) is not getting along well with Microsoft (Win8.1) Each one says it is the other ones responsibility to fix it. If you are using this particular combination, and insist on keeping Chrome as your go to browser - we do have a work around ( until either Google or Microsoft actually get around to fixing the problem - in which case, it will likely break our work around :rolleyes: )

Open NMM - look at the top line and find the gears (settings) and click on that.

In the new window - Select the Download Options tab

Look down and find the 'Download Fix/Tweaks'

There is only one - READ what it says (Could require Admin Privileges) - try the Fix it button. :thumbsup:

This is not a one click fixes everything, but another thing to try if you are using this combination of Win8.1 & Chrome AND have a problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

How do you change the file directory

This^^^^^

I moved some of my games to an SSD and now NMM keeps NOT FINDING any of my games because it is looking on the wrong drive. I can't even get NMM to open, it hangs at the game selection mini-screen and just repeats over and over that "[old path]\[gamefile.exe] is missing" but offers no option to browse to where they are. >.<

Please: where does NMM store game installation path info so I can edit it?

Edited by Vyxenne