How Many Gems Can I Have?

Tuco404

That's a lot of gems. As for the issue itself, I think it may be because you have too many entities in one area, as you said spreading the gems out fixes the problem.

I agree with gyroknight. I had a character once that collected Leather Strips, and while I could put hundreds into a container with little trouble (aside from a moment of lag when I transferred them in or out of the container), but if I tried to place them anywhere outside of one, I'd get lag and then crashes after just so many piled up. I think it's because rendering all of them at once may be a bit resource-intensive.

Quick update:

I found the placeatme command.

With the command

player.placeatme 00063B43,100

You can add 100 emeralds at your feet. I was able to add 600 emeralds before the game crashed. I then tried with cheese wheels and was able to fill up the entire room (lol).

It's so weird that I can add enough cheese wheels to significantly drop my FPS, but I get a smooth 60fps before my game crashes with just emeralds.
Edited by Tuco404

• 3 weeks later...

update:

I tried using nifskope to take a look at the exported emerald.nif and really had no idea what I was doing but I couldn't figure out how to reduce the number of vertices of the object (ex, make it a cuboid instead of what it is) to see if that would stop the game from crashing. Should I be using a different tool or do I just need to try harder with nifskope?

If its true about what they say, that the crashing is caused by the calculations of physics, changing vertices wont really matter. If the physics is the problem, i think the only way to fix it is to improve the efficiency of the physics itself

That's possible, but in some of my tests the gems weren't really touching each other and were stationary and I had no fps, but when I added a few more the game became unstable.

I know when I did the same tests with cheese wheels the cheese wheels literally filled a room and were all interacting with each other continuously. I was also getting terrible FPS but I could still generate thousands of them.