No one will talk to me, I'm developing a complex.

SteelRat1962

I'm running a lot of mods. Most were added after I was well into the game, and things were running fine.

I decided to start a new game, and things were running fine. Then, at some point, about 10 hours in, I lost the ability to initiate dialog with anyone. Not settlers, vendors, companions...

I started stepping back through my saves and found one that started working, so I kept playing. Then at some point it happened again. No idea what's causing it. Anyone run into this before?

Thanks!

I'm running a lot of mods. Most were added after I was well into the game, and things were running fine.

I decided to start a new game, and things were running fine. Then, at some point, about 10 hours in, I lost the ability to initiate dialog with anyone. Not settlers, vendors, companions...

I started stepping back through my saves and found one that started working, so I kept playing. Then at some point it happened again. No idea what's causing it. Anyone run into this before?

Thanks!

So, between the time that the save that works where people still talk to you, to the saves where nobody talks to you, did you ADD or REMOVE any Mods?

So, between the time that the save that works where people still talk to you, to the saves where nobody talks to you, did you ADD or REMOVE any Mods?

No. I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with Sanctuary. If I start off at Starlight Drive In, and fast travel to Sanctuary, the dialog options cease. If I walk from Starlight to Sanctuary, the dialog options cease. They still worked at Red Rocket...

I have made some modifications in Creation Kit, but they are things I've done before. I'll have to un-do them and see if that helps.

Frustrating.

A little more info.

I liberated Sunshine Tidings Co-op. Before I built a generator and radio beacon, I could still dialog with everyone around me. I entered workshop mode, exited, and was still able to dialog. Built the generator and beacon, no more dialog. I had the Build High mod, disabled it and loaded a good save. Went through the same process and the same things happened.

I thought maybe it had to do with an active side quest, needing to talk to Preston to complete. So I went back to Sanctuary, and Preston was the ONLY NPC I could talk to. I completed the mission, still can't dialog with anyone but Preston.

If I had any hair, I'd be pulling it out.

This has to be quest related.

I loaded the save just before building at Sunshine Tidings. I built a generator. Dialog works. Built the beacon. Dialog works. Attached the beacon to the generator. Quest updated to speak with Preston, no more dialog.

Can't imagine which mod might be causing this.