Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ... try moving Lightweight Potions.ini from the Data folder to the Oblivion\Data\ini folder and change the INI edit back to set PotionWeight.weight_threshold to 1.0 (I was wrong ... that isn't for player made potions).

OK confirm that Lightweight Potions.esp is ticked in OBMM ... the INI file is supposed to work either in Oblivion\Data or in Oblivion\Data\ini folder path.

The other thing to try is change the first two player.additem console commands to:

player.additem 2229b 1

and

player.additem 33665 1

and still use the player.additem 105e3 1 to add the mortar & pestle. Maybe with venison and boar meat we'll have better luck (still two heavy ingredients).

Hey Wolf ... I have a theory about what is happening with your Lightweight Potions but I haven't had a chance to investigate it yet. Don't drop it in the trash just yet, there may be hope.

- Edit - That was actually easier to figure out than I thought it would be. My theory was correct and it is Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul that is overriding the changes from Lightweight Potions.

MOO needs to load low in the load order due to a situation that doesn't really affect your load order, but that means it is lower than Lightweight Potions.esp as sorted by BOSS, and so the MOO changes get used and not the ones from Lightweight Potions.

The fix is an easy edit to Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.ini ... open it in Notepad and from Notepad's Edit menu up top select Find. Put potion in the Find What box and then click the Find Next button. That will bring you to the section named Potion Settings.

At the bottom of that section (it is a very short section so you'll see it right away) look for:

set MOO.ini_potions_weight to 1

and change to

set MOO.ini_potions_weight to 0

and save Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.ini and that will stop MOO from overriding the changes from Lightweight Potions.

The alternative would be to drop Lightweight and just use MOO ... but you can't adjust the weight in MOO like you can in Lightweight, so I figured that would be the way to go.

I have another trip to the boating store after I finish up with lunch, and then I should be in for the rest of the day (was nice early but we have rain and thunderstorms rolling through now ... should have gone to the boat store right after groceries instead of waiting).

Training Uncap looks like a simple install. Can't say much about it ... only two comments, neither giving any info on how it works, not much of a mod description.

It will be simple to uninstall if it doesn't work/suit your purpose.

Want to give it a go while I finish my coffee?