Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ... from what I've read there is three ways we could install and they all are about equal for how easy it is to install. The easiest way to install if you ever needed to uninstall it is by using Wrye Bash, but we can also go with our manual copy/paste method or OBMM.

Which would you like?

After we install Sounds of Cyrodiil there are two different ways we can customise it, but they are not as simple as it was for MOO or EE.

And of course, if you wanted to do another Data folder backup it wouldn't hurt either (as long as you have lots of hard drive space).

LOL ... not so easy hanging with the guy that's older than dirt eh?

OK ... open Wrye Bash and once it is ready click on the Installers tab. You will get a message asking it BAIN should be initalized ... answer Yes. This will only happen the first time you open the Installers tab.

As with many things with Wrye Bash it will take a while and then you will have a screen that looks like this (except no mods will be listed in yours yet).

Next go to Windows Explorer and make sure you have a folder Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers (I've used up my allowed number of picture uploads after the last so we will need to go back to descriptions).

If you have that folder you can download Sounds of Cyrodiil directly to Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers folder, or we can use the method we have been using and download SoC to a folder you create and then we will copy/paste to that Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers folder.

If that folder doesn't exist we will need to create it but let me know first and we can make sure it wasn't created some place else.

When installing with Wrye Bash there is no need to extract the downloads ... WB takes care of that as part of the install process.

The way you usually are going from one folder to another to do the copy and paste.

I use Win 7 now but a long time ago on Win XP and earlier it was named Windows Explorer so I still call it that. I think in Win 10 it's My Computer or something like that.

- Edit - I'm testing a new way to get images in the post:

2212792-1601765917.jpg

This image has been brought to you by the good folks at ... Thank You JimboUK.com ... you da' Man Jim.

I wonder if I've dragged us off in a bad direction with this whole Wrye Bash stuff Wolf.

Do you want to go back to the old school install we've been doing, and then just use WB for the bashed patch after installing Sounds of Cyrodiil?

- Edit - Hey Kats ... see you're checking in.