Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a good afternoon to you Wolf. You noticed I've been up and at 'em ... actually even did some laundry already. The reason I have hit the ground running (not a normal state for me) is the weather forecast. I have today and then Monday, and then we are into the uncertainty of the long range forecast (which isn't great thus far).

So I'm going to propse I put together a step by step for Gorier Blood, Heroic Stance and EngineBugFixes while I have my coffee, and I'll post each in a separate post. Then I can get out and do some more epoxy work on the dingy (it's not very warm, so it will need time before I can cover it before the rains come ... working in the backyard, outdoors does bring it own set of challenges).

The last thing on my day's agenda is a trip to the lumber store for some things. I'll have a chance to pop in here and check on your progress between tasks.

Does that sound like a plan to you?

Good stuff ... here's the first one.

OK, for Heroic Stance download it to a folder and extract.
You will now find a readme and a folder named Heroic Female Idle Replacer-43567-1-0 and inside that a folder named Data. Copy the Data folder and paste into your game's Oblivion folder.
Run BOSS and then start Wrye Bash, left click on nu_female_player_idle.esp in the Mods tab list (it will be fairly close to the top) and activate it.
Next right click on Bashed Patch, 0.esp and select Rebuild Patch. When WB is done close it and check in-game for a change with how female NPCs stand.

Now for Gorier Blood, download to a folder and extract to that same folder.

You will now find two folders (one named Gorier blood older extras and one named textures) and two files (a readme and a comparison picture). Copy the textures folder and paste it in your game's Oblivion\Data folder.

Gorier Blood is a pure replacer so it does not have an ESP, so no BOSS or Wrye Bash is required. Check in the game and see if the blood looks different.

EngineBugFixes is an OBSE plugin, so it is another one that does not need any extra steps after installing it.

Download EngineBugFixes v2.22 (top listed download) to a folder and extract to that same folder. You will now see a readme and a folder named Data. Copy the Data folder and paste it into your game's Oblivion folder.

It will be difficult to tell that EngineBugFixes is working, as much of what it does is stopping things that cause crashes or problems with different things in the game. You have other OBSE plugins that are working fine, and so that install method will also ensure that EBF will work too.

Anything that comes to mind is easy to add to a game in progress (really it's just my sun glare replacer that I can think of).

Have a look at my load order from yesterday, and if something there catches your eye we can discuss it.

The epoxy is on, and of course sagging more than I'd like, and it's cool so it will take more time than usual to kick and harden ... and I see dark clouds passing by.

Just another day in the life of Striker.