Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK then next create a new folder named Vanilla_Gear_Redux_Install and then inside that folder one named Data.

Next go to where you downloaded Vanilla Gear Redux, but this time we will extract the download to that same folder you originally downloaded to.

Am I remembering correctly that it was the Reasonable Flavour one you installed with OBMM?

OK ... we will leave the OBMM part of the install the way it is and just "repair" with a copy and paste operation.

After you extract Vanilla Gear Redux - Reasonable Flavor (Final)-45241-1-0-1581732494.rar to that same folder you downoaded it to you will see two folders ... one named Meshes and one named Textures.

Copy that Meshes folder and paste it into the Vanilla_Gear_Redux_Install\Data folder ... then do the same with the Textures folder.

You should now have Vanilla_Gear_Redux_Install\Data\Meshes and Vanilla_Gear_Redux_Install\Data\Textures.

Next copy the Data folder and then paste it into your game's Oblivion folder. As usual answer yes to the folder merge prompts, plus answer yes to all file overwrite prompts.

This is different than the other installs because we are not touching the Vanilla Gear Redux.esp so you can go right into the game and see if we have fixed the clothing and armor problem.

Awesome!

Now would be another good time to make one of those Data folder backups.

If you named your first Data folder backup Base_Install_1 then I'd name this one Base_Install_2.

This Data folder backup will be the one you will most often use in the future.

OK ... before we move on to Qarls I'd like to find out a bit about your computer.

Laptop or desktop?

How fast is the CPU and how much RAM do you have?

Which graphic card do you have and how much VRAM does it have?

VRAM is how much memory on your graphics card ... for instance the nVidia Control Panel System Information for my GTX 1050 Ti says it has 4096 MB of dedicated video memory GDDR5 (which is the type of memory chips).

I was worried about if your computer could handle Qarls but I think you'll be OK.

I need to get busy making supper (no quick prep work tonight like last night ... tonight I need to cook). I see you get an early start compared to my time zone ... is it getting late where you are?