⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL ... don't worry, you have an "expert" at breaking stuff and fixing stuff as a wingman.

Give me a few minutes to finish my supper (chilli and toast, so it won't take too long) and I'll put togther a step by step for one and then the other.

Well Wolf you should know that it's been a pleasure working with you. The list you posted is well done, and I like how you not only used notations to indicate different aspects like what you really wanted and what you could live without, but you even gave a clear explanation of what the notation meant.

So let's start with Luna's Khajiit fix first.

It's actually going to pretty simple to install manually. After you download it to a folder and extract it to that same folder with 7-Zip you will find a folder named LunasOCOKhajiitFix and inside that folder there will be a folder named Alternate Tail Texture and another named Data.

Right click on the Data folder and select Copy from the right click menu. Next navigate in Windows Explorer until you can see your game install's Oblivion folder. Right click on the Oblivion folder and select Paste. You will get a prompt saying that there is already a folder named Data. Select the option to merge the contents of the two Data folders (the exact wording of that Windows prompt will depend on which version of Windows you use ... I'm a Win 7 dinosaur so if you are Win 10 it will likely be worded differently than mine).

You may also get prompts about file overwrites. Select Yes or Yes to All as we want the new files to overwrite the originals from OCO v2.

Luna`s is what I call a "pure" replacer and so it will not have (or need) an ESP to activate. Get that done and test to see if you notice a difference and we'll move on to the males.

If you mean the Alternate tail texture you can experiment.

Inside the Alternate Tail Texture folder are two alternate tail texture files. There were also two tail textures in the Data folder version you already did the copy/paste on that you may feel is OK ... or if you want to check out the alternate tail texture it's just copy the two files, tail.dds and tail_n.dds and paste into the game's Oblivion\Data\Textures\Characters\Khajiit\Female folder (answer yes to overwrite the files).

If you then decide you would rather have the ones that came with the Data folder you just open it's subfolders down to the Data\Textures\Characters\Khajiit\Female folder and copy the tail.dds and tail_n.dds files from there, pasting into the Oblivion\Data\Textures\Characters\Khajiit\Female folder for your game.

Ah ... you caught me on another one!! This one is an easy fix again.

Open OBMM and click on the Utilities button and then select Archive Invalidation. In the Archive Invalidation dialogue that opens select BSA Redirection, then click on Update BSA Timestamps and then click on Update Now and close OBMM. You should now see some difference btween the two tail textures.

By bad ... I got focused on "the list" and didn't go through my usual early troubleshooting steps. All's good though ... we'll be right back on track!