⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Need help to mod

Wolf382

Now looking at the list I see no obvious "OK we'd better do this next". I am familiar with some of the mods, but not familiar with quite a few.

Where do you think we go next?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that occurred to me after I posted is I don't see the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (UOP) or any of the DLC Unofficial Patches. They fix a huge number of bugs with the game, from broken quests to things like rocks/trees/plants floating in the air.

What do you think of that (plus the UOP should be installed before Qarls not after so that Qarls can overwrite files it needs to I think ... though I do see a patch for Qarls on the UOP page ... Qarls is one of those in your list I don't use or have much experience with).

On the subject of bugs, one thing I do have experience with is EngineBugFixes ... this one I do recommend. It's an OBSE plugin so it doesn't ned to be installed right away though (so can be installed any time).

- Edit - Ya there's an article by Arthmoor here that gives the proper install order.

Yes I'm saying first Unofficial Oblivion Patch

then

Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches ... only for the DLCs that you have installed

then

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch

then after those we move on to Qarls.

I would recommend using OBMM.

The UOP is large, so expect it to take some time when you click the Add Archive and then Create button ... it will probably look like OBMM is locked up, so be patient.

The other two are quite a bit smaller, so it will be about the same as for OCOv2 time wise.

When you get to the DLC patch you will just deactivate the ESP for any DLC you don't have after you have done the Add Archive -> Create -> activate the OMOD steps. If you have all of the DLCs you won't need to do anything extra after running the OMOD and it turns blue.

Well Wolf, we both put in a full day at the office today (you more so than me) but I think the outcome has been worth it.

Something else I think is you may be shortchanging yourself on what you can accomplish. You did an excellent job working through all of the things we did today ... well done.

A few weeks ago I was looking up a famous paleontologist named Jack Horner because somebody else I know from the Nexus is from the same area. The YouTube videos I watched had one that you may find interesting ...

There was another video that caught my eye after I watched that one, that you may like too ...

well you did just what i asked for and that was someone to hold my hand :D im where happay for that

and i hope we not finish yet and not gonna leave me behind
also i did the install the stuff but now the game wont launch

Edited by Wolf382

OK what was the last thing that we installed before the game stopped working (that is the importance of testing after each install ... so we have a good starting point to troubleshoot)?

And no, I'm not done ... and remember you are the one installing things, I'm just providing a bit of guidance.