⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Just wanna say...

righteousgoddoward

I'm sure there are better RPG's out there but I like the Elder Scrolls and Skyrim especially not just becasue of the ability to mod them so much but also they are single player offline experiences, its very hard to get stuff like that these days with every company wanting to be a 'live service'. I am not really into online tied mmo stuff. I want a game where I don't have to worry about online servers or monthly fees. This is why I don't play Fallout 76 or ESO. If they both offered a true offline experience with the option to toggle online then sure I'd like them more. A friend tried to get me to play ESO for example and I just didn't like it. For me online requirements in a RPG is a huge negative point for me. The only exception would be if like Elder Scrolls 6 is a fully offline experience but you could choose to co-op but it wouldn't mean I have to be connected to the internet 24/7 if I didn't use that feature.

I'm sure there are better RPG's out there but I like the Elder Scrolls and Skyrim especially not just becasue of the ability to mod them so much but also they are single player offline experiences, its very hard to get stuff like that these days with every company wanting to be a 'live service'. I am not really into online tied mmo stuff. I want a game where I don't have to worry about online servers or monthly fees. This is why I don't play Fallout 76 or ESO. If they both offered a true offline experience with the option to toggle online then sure I'd like them more. A friend tried to get me to play ESO for example and I just didn't like it. For me online requirements in a RPG is a huge negative point for me. The only exception would be if like Elder Scrolls 6 is a fully offline experience but you could choose to co-op but it wouldn't mean I have to be connected to the internet 24/7 if I didn't use that feature.

Can you run Skyrim Special edition without being online and tethered to Steam? If so, I'd be curious how you do it.

I *do* agree that the monthly tithes for FFXI were a bit of a PITA.

Can you run Skyrim Special edition without being online and tethered to Steam? If so, I'd be curious how you do it.

I just hit play. Game works fine without the internet...

I think a lot of Skyrim’s popularity comes from the fact there are so many mods for it.

Add to that it has an almost cult like following and merchandising franchises, and it wins just on recognition.

Having said that, yes there are other games with better story lines and quest/campaigns, but for its age it really has held up well, and with the advent of the SE version, it’s pretty much ensured it’s place in history as one of the best first person, open world games.

I can’t wait to see what the next generation games are like, I’m sure there will be something that comes along to relegate Skyrim to the memories of us old gamers as a “remember when” moment, but for now it’ll do.

And oh yeah, for all it’s problems, the Fallout series isn’t to darn shabby either.

I just hit play. Game works fine without the internet...

For me, when I try that, SKSE doesn't work...and that takes a lot of the fun out of it.