Stupid question

nimrodmagic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much will depend on the mod. A mod that adds an armor to the game at a certain merchant will require a trip to that merchant to know. A mod that changes some aspect of gameplay may or may not be so obvious right off the bat (some will be obvious and others not).

Mod descriptions are the most important troubleshooting tool ever invented, when they give you an accurate, complete description that is (not all mods come with one of those).

If I choose "mods" shouldn't I be able to see them? because I dont.

And lets take for example "better horses". I installed it. How do I open the menu for it? where do I see it?

did you read the description for the mod? Since you posted in the wrong forum I don't know if you are modding Skyrim SE or LE so I am going to assume LE and have to point out that the mod author themselves suggests not using the mod as it is buggy and broken.

SkyUI. But you must ensure that you install its prerequisite mods first. And if one of those is SKSE64, you must launch the game using SKSE64loader.exe

CBBE-3BBB is another.

There are a slew of mods that include MCMs (in game menus) that will show up in the "mod configuration" section of the main menu once *in-game* (CBBE-3BBB is one of those, as is SkyUI)

I installed SKSE64loader.exe and added it to vortex as advised here https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7429276-skyui-properly-installed-but-doesnt-exist/

nothing happened. I suspect nothing works, actually I suspect none of my mods works. This vortex should make things easier but I fund it harder close to impossible. And the most difficult thing is I don't have any notification from vortex saying mods are not applied or this extender isn't being used or anything is wrong.

All I want is to play skyrim (it's the first time for me playing skyrim) , I'm not going to be this mods expert, just want to use the most common 10-20 mods most people use that will make my experience better.

Can someone instruct me how to do it as easy and painless as it can be because frankly I'm lost. I don't have to use vortex if you think it's unnecessary for my small demands , to be honest I find this program unfriendly.

Vortex is super friendly and easy to use. You just are having an issue installing mods and that is not the managers fault.

Did you install the mods? Just downloading them is not enough.

Did you activate the mods? Installing is also not enough.

They should be green to indicate they are installed and active like below:

DJzzSsC.png

They are all enabled EXACTLY as in your pic (tried to past the print screen I made here but this forum doesn't allow it, don't know how to attach pics here). SKYUI is also enabled but doesn't work. And I have no idea if any of those enabled really are working while I'm playing, since SkyUI is enabled and doesn't work.