Stupid question

nimrodmagic

Let's step back a bit.

Assuming that you have downloaded Alt Start from Nexus, it will come as a single file with a .7z extension. If you open that file there should be seven files packed inside it with various extensions such as .bsa, .esp, .txt. and .ini. The three .txt files are not critical but you need to get the four .bsa. .esp and .ini files into your steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder. If they are not there, put them there manually. That's manual installation. That's the first step.

Next you need to 'enable' the mod. That tells the game you actually want to use the mod in this playthrough. You can do this from the in-game mods menu. It should be listed as "Alternate Start - Live Another ... " and it should have a tick mark to the left indicating it is enabled. If there is no tick mark, click on it to get one. Then ESC out of the mods menu, let it rebuild your data if it wants to, and start a new game from the main menu.

Any good?

Edited by OldMansBeard

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open Cities has been one of the most problematic mods for causing crashes and issues I have ever seen.

I’ve never used it, and that’s why.

Edited by Gunslinger808

OK. This is so stupid but I have no idea how to add pictures here so I build a temp website: https://nimrodharel.wixsite.com/skyrim

You can see my folders there, third pic is the mods when I launch the game, fourth pic is the mods when I'm in the game going to system and then mods (you can see the damn wagon scene in the back (both pic taken by camera since screen shot button doesn't work in the game).

If you need any more screen shots tell me.

p.s. I launch the game with skse64_loader

Edited by nimrodmagic

Uninstall skyrim. Delete the skyrim folder in the steamapps folder. Reinstall Skyrim and vortex. Run skyrim and get to the main menu. Close skyrim. Install skse, unofficial patch, and alternative start. Launch game via the skse exe.

ok. How do I keep my current save? I have a level 10 something

Steam saves to the cloud and will redownload when installed. Also, you should start a new game especially when you already are a super low level. It will prevent issues from installing mods.