Skyrim with mods keep crashing - tried many things

mateusz2000x

My ESPs+ESMs is 242 right now. It means I can play untill 254?

Basically, yes. Some of your ESPs may already be light, and if so they are not counting toward that 255 plugin limit. What mod manager are you using?

Mod Organizer 2.

It crashing again when Immersive Creatures is turn on, I thought i fixed that :/. I also added relationship overhaul, Immersive NPCs and COCA, as my final mods. Game crashed after a minute with Creatures turn off. Maybe because of these new mods. I think I will take a break to get some rest and gonna try to repair it later.. I tried to use some different resource, the MatorSmash. But I cant create a patch, because it says that maximum load order is reached :/.
BTW I think that a lot of people like me would pay you some nice money for good working skyrim with 985 mods installed :D
This is my second attempt to mod Skyrim. After the first, I gave up, although the repair attempts also took a while. Maybe Im trying to get this too fast. And yet a lot of time is spent on it. Im working on skyrim for several days(really a lot of hours per day)
Edited by mateusz2000x

Once again, you NEED a Bashed Patch, that will combine all of the Leveled Lists etc and you need to put the bashed patch in the right place.

I've never seen a bashed patch in the MIDDLE of a load order before.

It's should be near, or at the end.

Now it's on the end, it is the actual load order:

https://textuploader.com/1pcsc

I dont know if it combine all of the leveled lists, I made it with tutorial

Edited by mateusz2000x

Once again, you NEED a Bashed Patch, that will combine all of the Leveled Lists etc and you need to put the bashed patch in the right place.

OK, first of all, you cannot make a bashed patch that's in the middle of your load order, then move it to the end of your load order and believe that it will work.

You need to have the bashed patch at the end of your load order and RECREATE THE BASHED PATCH so it will include any or all of the ESPs etc that it didn't include in the bashed patch because it was in the middle of your load order.

It probably didn't combine all of the leveled lists because it was in the middle of your load order, so it couldn't add any of the ESPs that load AFTER it.

That's why you need to Recreate the Bashed Patch now that it's low in the load order.

OK, first of all, you cannot make a bashed patch that's in the middle of your load order, then move it to the end of your load order and believe that it will work.

You need to have the bashed patch at the end of your load order and RECREATE THE BASHED PATCH so it will include any or all of the ESPs etc that it didn't include in the bashed patch because it was in the middle of your load order.

It probably didn't combine all of the leveled lists because it was in the middle of your load order, so it couldn't add any of the ESPs that load AFTER it.

That's why you need to Recreate the Bashed Patch now that it's low in the load order.

It wasnt just old bashed patch moved down. Anyway, I created new one and it crashed after few second playing.

Im thinking about turning off all mods, and slowly turning on the most important ones for me and testing. But I dont know if I should make new bashed patch for every time I add few mods.

Do you guys know any mods that are helpfull in testing game? Like very fast creating new game, better then in alternate start

It wasnt just old bashed patch moved down. Anyway, I created new one and it crashed after few second playing.

Im thinking about turning off all mods, and slowly turning on the most important ones for me and testing. But I dont know if I should make new bashed patch for every time I add few mods.

Do you guys know any mods that are helpfull in testing game? Like very fast creating new game, better then in alternate start

Alternate Start is the quickest one to get you going

Now I turned on only graphic mods and some basic things, like 90 mods. It worked fine for 15 min but then crashed randomly :/ Not sure how to do with that and how efficiently exclude non-matching mods

One more question, mod organizer points mods that overwritten files, like this:

SqQKDf5.png

What to do with that?

Moreover, some mods are highlighted in red or green compared to other mods in mod organizer, pointing to overwritten files. Its fine or it should be fixed or removed?

Edited by mateusz2000x

Now I turned on only graphic mods and some basic things, like 90 mods. It worked fine for 15 min but then crashed randomly :/ Not sure how to do with that and how efficiently exclude non-matching mods

SqQKDf5.png

What to do with that?

Moreover, some mods are highlighted in red or green compared to other mods in mod organizer, pointing to overwritten files. Its fine or it should be fixed or removed?

Sorry, I've never used MO2 so I can't advise on that.

The process of elimination can be very revealing. Remove mods until it is stable. Pay attention to what you remove, when you remove it, and what the result is. You can usually narrow it down pretty well that way. Once you determine which mod is causing the problem, that is often when the real work begins to find out why that mod is a problem. It may be something simple like load order, or something more complex.

There is a key to building up a good load order with a lot of mods, and it involves using xEdit (in this case, SSEEdit). The author of all of the variations (F04Edit, TES5Edit, SSEEdit, etc., collectively referred to as xEdit) is Elminster, and Elminster has published Elminster's Method. I started from zero, literally uninstalled Skyrim, Steam, Vortex, everything. I started over, following the Method, and that is a large part of where the credit goes for my stable load order. It involves checking plugins for conflicts with other plugins. It is done one plugin at a time, and it works. Start with the base game, add a mod, check for conflicts and resolve. Add another mod, and repeat. It is not fast and instant, but takes an investment in time. In the long run it saves time, and you learn along the way so you can troubleshoot most problems on your own. Elminster's Method can be found here: https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/index.html The whole Tome of xEdit is helpful, but the Method can be found in section 6. It takes the guesswork out of many, many problems.

Thanks

SqQKDf5.png

What to do with that?

Sorry, I've never used MO2 so I can't advise on that.

The process of elimination can be very revealing. Remove mods until it is stable. Pay attention to what you remove, when you remove it, and what the result is. You can usually narrow it down pretty well that way. Once you determine which mod is causing the problem, that is often when the real work begins to find out why that mod is a problem. It may be something simple like load order, or something more complex.

There is a key to building up a good load order with a lot of mods, and it involves using xEdit (in this case, SSEEdit). The author of all of the variations (F04Edit, TES5Edit, SSEEdit, etc., collectively referred to as xEdit) is Elminster, and Elminster has published Elminster's Method. I started from zero, literally uninstalled Skyrim, Steam, Vortex, everything. I started over, following the Method, and that is a large part of where the credit goes for my stable load order. It involves checking plugins for conflicts with other plugins. It is done one plugin at a time, and it works. Start with the base game, add a mod, check for conflicts and resolve. Add another mod, and repeat. It is not fast and instant, but takes an investment in time. In the long run it saves time, and you learn along the way so you can troubleshoot most problems on your own. Elminster's Method can be found here: https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/index.html The whole Tome of xEdit is helpful, but the Method can be found in section 6. It takes the guesswork out of many, many problems.

Thanks, I will look at it. Do you think that using LOOT for sorting load order is enough or it should be manually sorted too?

Thanks

Thanks, I will look at it. Do you think that using LOOT for sorting load order is enough or it should be manually sorted too?

Yes and no. In general, the LOOT Master is updated constantly and will most likely know how to avoid problems that you or I don't even know exist. So my initial go-to is to accept where LOOT puts something. However, LOOT is not aware of every mod and every possible scenario, and sometimes manual intervention comes into play. Think twice and have a definite reason before manually changing the load order. Of course, it you break something you can always re-sort using LOOT. Once you familiarize yourself with the Method you will have a much better idea how to answer this question yourself. It is case-by-case.