Skyrim with mods keep crashing - tried many things

mateusz2000x

LOL that is so true! By the time I deleted everything to get a fresh start, learned how to properly use Vortex, xEdit & the Method, Creation Kit, Wrye Bash, zMerge, FNIS, DynDOLOD, etc., and was finally satisfied with my load stability, it had been 3 months! I joked that for the past 3 months I had been playing Vortex rather that Skyrim...but it is SOOOO worth it!

LOL that is so true! By the time I deleted everything to get a fresh start, learned how to properly use Vortex, xEdit & the Method, Creation Kit, Wrye Bash, zMerge, FNIS, DynDOLOD, etc., and was finally satisfied with my load stability, it had been 3 months! I joked that for the past 3 months I had been playing Vortex rather that Skyrim...but it is SOOOO worth it!

After having used Vortex for a couple of years now, I can get a load order of about 315 mods, downloaded, installed, and working in around an hour or less.

It's really nice to not have to mess around with the Plugin Load Order.

I guess I'm not mentally ready. Im nervous, and it makes me feel bad when I think about Skyrim now. I cant even watch videos with this game on youtube. Not because I dont like it, but I feel sad because I cant play like them. Maybe I have to grow up for this. Or forget it. Crisis for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I needed time to work on it. I have about 200 mods active, and it works fine, but crash in some specifyc moments. For example, it crash after trying to enter the "bleak falls temple", it's from one of first quest, from Whiterun's Jarl. Do you know any mods which could be causing the problem?

• 1 month later...

i understand the Crashing as im pushing 252 .esp/.esm's and 560 .esl/espfe's and ENBs and ect. its a lot of work looking for all the patches and using CK and XEdit to ESL and knowing what to esl and what not to. ohh and Updating mods is a pain some times but at lest you know the Authoris working on it and some things is just engine limits. Some times you just have to test it out with lots of New games and clean saves to get it right

as far as your crashing and Bleak Falls id need to know you load order and mod list to help you as i have never had that happen to me with all the mods i have and have had in the past

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the midst of learning more about modding Skyrim SE. I feel like I rushed into it too quickly and didn't test every mod like I should have. I may start all over just for the hell of it. Also is it true that the original Skyrim is more stable than Skyrim SE? If so, should I buy it if it performs better with mods? Btw it sucks that Bethesda took the OG Skyrim off of Steam.