Game crashing upon entering Bleak falls Barrows

Inferno77

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask for some help regarding my game, upon entering bleak falls barrows my game crashes.

I tried creating new character, loading older save's and even on my old save the game crashes in korvanjund upon entering the second cell

after a long night of re-installing the whole game and all of my mods i still cannot enter and i no longer have any idea what it could be.

my load: https://textuploader.com/1pqhs

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it

kind regards

so what we know, is the issue is shared with dungeons.

2 things come to mind that are potential causes, based on the information given.

1. Corrupted Mesh file(s) (.nif) that are shared with the 2 dungeons mentioned.

2. or an issue with the enemies that dwell within.

Checked your mods and these are the ones that standout to me either because they are potentially associated to said locations, or because they could infact be the cause:

==================
Potential Mod Conflicts - Mods Mentioned Below are the most probable cause of CTD due to conflicts. (if the actual issue is enemy based, such as Draugr, which i am leaning towards)
==================
XPMSE + Realistic Ragdolls and Force - Are not compatible with each other, because they both include the Skeleton.hkx files.
Recommend Deleting either Ragdolls and force or XPMSE,
i personally would delete Ragdolls and force in favor of XPMSE. (because no doubt some of your mods will either require it, or benefit from it)
as far as i am aware, XPMSE fixes skeleton based issues. which is probably why it says do not overwrite them with another mod, that and the fact of Physics mods require it.
both conflicting mods will affect the Draugr, and thus the likely hood of being the cause for the CTD in both locations.
plus they will nullify each other based on what mod implements the skeleton.hkx files.
So ye, delete either 1 of them (again i recommend deleting Realistic Ragdolls and Force) as you will very likely need XPMSE or Benefit from it, and the issue should be solved, otherwise continue below.

===============

Potentional Culprits

===============

1. Puzzle Dungeon - i dont recongise this mod, but judging by the name, and the fact that korvanjund has a puzzle, this mod could be connected to that dungeon.
2. Zombies - again i dont recongise this mod, but judging by name, it sounds like it would effect the Draugr, specifically the Draugr in Korvanjund, thus could be a potentional culprit. if CTD is indeed because of Draugr, which seems believable based on the fact you are CTD in 2 dungeons that have them.
3. the Creation club content, has poor naming, as such it could potentionally be any of them. i dont personally use any CC content, so this is just pure speculation, but also means i dont know anything about these mods. which means they must be included. primarily because bethesda does not have good quality control, so their is no reason to believe that CC content would have good quality control.
4. Realistic Ragdolls and Force, includes custom skeletons .Hkx files, which could cause issues with Draugr.
5. Immersive Movement, judging on the description sounds like it affects the Draugr. so already you have 3 or more mods affecting the Draugr, which could cause conflicts, and thus CTD.
6: Ruins Clutter Improved - affects the dungeons, might have a corrupted mesh file, which would be a CTD always. not nessarily the mod itself but rather the way it was installed, such as a failed installation. which only half installed a mesh file, thus resulting in a corrupted mesh file.
7. Improved Traps - unknown if this is a potentional cause, but it does affect dungeons, and judging on the description it affects the Ai of enemies, so in this instance it would probably affect the Draugr, so again, its mentioned because it is relevant, and could be the cause. in this case it would probably be a mod conflict.
as for the rest of the mods, i either dont recognize them so they could still be the cause, but none of them stand out to me, and others that i do recongize are unlikely to be the cause due to not being assioated to either of the dungeons mentioned or enemies. so start with the mod conflict first, then if that does not solve the issue, move onto potential culprits.
if none of the above helps, then i will go into further in depth help :) which will be troubleshooting via xEdit, and LOOT
Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

Hi there!

Thanks for the help and tips, unfortunatly it crashed again when entering Bleak falls

here is the new mod load: https://textuploader.com/1pqhn

I removed all CC contect except for the backpack, also removed mods which could be a reason for the crash, but no luck saddly.

This crash was / is caused by RaceMenu, version 0.4.15. Please update to version 0.4.16

Version 0.4.16

Fixed crash introduced in 0.4.15 affecting a wide variety of areas, essentially any cell containing actors who don't have Character Creation data, e.g. Draugr

Do you have any texture mods installed? Those often don't have an .esp file attached and don't show up in your load order. If you do, look at any one that modifies dungeon textures.

I only have the 2k-4k signs textures installed, but being stubborn and trying to fix this for the last 12hours i went and searched everything that was related to skyrim on my computer and behold.. found some old wrye bash files from idk where so i removed them

This crash was / is caused by RaceMenu, version 0.4.15. Please update to version 0.4.16

Version 0.4.16

Fixed crash introduced in 0.4.15 affecting a wide variety of areas, essentially any cell containing actors who don't have Character Creation data, e.g. Draugr

Did the update, and now the game works! thank you very much guys, i was pulling my hair out for the last 12 hours

Version 0.4.16

This was exactly the fix I needed. Thank you!