Simple mod...

JanitorsLOL

It can all be done, of course, no doubt about that. The technical part of it is actually quite simple, too, just an insanely large amount of tedious work, emptying all vendor or reward chests and clearing out all leveled lists.

But I think the most probable answer to why this hasn't been done long ago is simply: Nobody but you so far asked for it. You'll need to find some author capable of doing all this and with the same will to have their game this way as you.

Doesn't really sound too tedious though.

Also, would not empty the reward chests if I were to do this mod myself. I mean the game would not literally be a "pure" crafting playthrough. The reward chests are not frequent enough to rely on them for all your gear.

Plus its typical, for me at least, to play with increased enemy spawns, making it more difficult to get the chest.

Edited by JanitorsLOL

I'm waiting for when you release this mod.

This for sure.

Believable? In a game with trapping someone's soul inside of a f***ing rock... yeah ok

Not sure why so many excuses you guys are coming up with against this simple idea of a total crafting playthrough. But I understand what you mean. Though I dont think its reasonable to play this game in the year 2020 as intended by its developers, as a serious title where you are captivated by their work. Everyone is older now, 2006 was 14 years ago! But that does not mean the game cannot still be enjoyable. After all, Bethesda is one of the few devs who allow us to manipulate their work as we see fit. No other game developer really gives us this option to such extent. The possibilities with such games are endless!

But Oblivion needs a mod like this because its also objectively better than Skyrim. It deserves it more than Skyrim does in my opinion. Plus oblivion already has a very decent crafting mod going for it.

But it also needs a crafting mod like this because there is very little to do within the game. The game is very basic and primitive.

A crafting playthrough is just one step in adding much needed complexity, or some type of actual "content".

Not sure why everyone is so against this.

You don't even know how to make a mod and it shows with how you talk. Also, there are a ton of other companies who are huge into letting people mod their games and are even better then Bethesda. To name a couple:

CDprojectRed - They even let you use their stuff in other games and encourage modding much more then Beth. In fact they actually deserve the crown for "Best Pro-Mod Company"

Ludeon Studio's - They are super into supporting modders and greatly encourage it.

Microsoft - Bit of a new party on the surface due to rules on modding their console, but a lot of their games (such as Halo) have open assets for use in other games. Also Minecraft was pro-modding as well, though the new engine has shot that in the foot... though I heard there is supposed to be a modding tool kit getting released but I haven't checked that.

EA (though technically Maxis, EA themselves seems to hate modding) - The Sims franchise is on par with the Beth game modding scene. In fact they even allow you to charge money for your mods.

Bohemia Interactive - Similar to CRprogjectRed, huge modding community. The tools kinda suck and it's a pain to use but apparently that is an issue with the engine and not exactly the teams fault.

You don't even know how to make a mod and it shows with how you talk.

bro, this is a request board.

im too autistic to use the TES editor

its too much work for me to get into the ins and outs

its something you had to get into a long time ago. im too old to freshly deal with that s#*! now

I'm waiting for when you release this mod.

Wooaaahh, okay.

I really want to release it. Im totally not being sarcastic right now.

...And here I am foolishly believing that people care about playing a decent game. Woooahhhhh.

Such a stupid pathetic response. Very similar to what a coward would say.

Totally clueless.

Actually the misunderstanding may be on your end. If there was such a mod I would try it.

I agree that making gold in the game becomes a pointless enterprise very quickly. With my current character I tried to counter the gold falling like mana from heaven aspect of the game by using Enhanced Economy and Basic Primary Needs (so you need some gold to eat ... don't eat you die, and EE makes it somewhat harder to "make ends meet" early in the game). By the time my guy was level 5 or 6 he started stashing all armor and weapons in various non-spawning chests found in various locations through the game world.

My point is I enjoy having a challenge.

I do have some misgivings regarding editing so much of the vanilla game from a compatibility aspect, and that I would need to test thoroughly before committing such a mod to my load order (I am one picky player when it comes to what goes into my load order and what doesn't).

I agree that making gold in the game becomes a pointless enterprise very quickly. With my current character I tried to counter the gold falling like mana from heaven aspect of the game by using Enhanced Economy and Basic Primary Needs

Yes, I have my own way of doing this too. I think you would agree to it being more enjoyable as well.

I remove the level training cap on trainers, and also increase the training costs by 3 or 4x.. quite expensive.

but also, i reduce the global rate of experience gained, so that it takes longer to level up. i reduce this by about -60% of vanilla. so that training is more viable.

but also this actually has its own benefit, because the increased enemy spawns (game feels too primitive and empty without them) also increases the EXP you earn, so slowing down the EXP rate actually works.

but also i feel the EXP rate of vanilla is too fast as is. the vanilla EXP rate is not really designed for someone who wants to put several hundred hours into the game by exploring 100% of the map and 100% of indoor locations.

its made for a more typical consumer with a 60hr-80hr playthrough. i honestly think it feels much better with the reduced EXP rate, im not always looking for the instant gratification of leveling up like i was in the year 2006.

Also, the increased training costs doesnt feel out of place. The cost to level up is not an astronomical amount to where it feels broken. Though it is quite expensive. But this is good as you actually need to make money to buy skills. It's not anywhere as trivial as vanilla.

Edited by JanitorsLOL

You don't even know how to make a mod and it shows with how you talk.

bro, this is a request board.

im too autistic to use the TES editor

its too much work for me to get into the ins and outs

its something you had to get into a long time ago. im too old to freshly deal with that s*** now

Because you're too old and autistic really? or rather because you're too impatient and consider the modders as your servants?

You can easily create your project on your own with a good dose of motivation and patience.

Because you're too old and autistic really? or rather because you're too impatient and consider the modders as your servants?

You can easily create your project on your own with a good dose of motivation and patience.

Modders as my servants?

This is a request board, is everyone who makes a request here doing so as some kind of mod lord, or mod baron?

I would assume that people here take mod requests as to fulfill the diversity of gameplay for everyone.

Though typically I do not see people come here to specifically argue against great mod ideas. That one is a strange one to me.