Low FPS On Lowest Graphic Settings, Please Help!

AlduinWorldEater

As stated, I've got Skyrim set on its absolute lowest graphic settings, and I still have a real problem with FPS lag. It seems to get worse as I get close to light sources, and then smooth out a bit as I move away from them, and my poor computer almost keels over when it snows.

I'm sure there's a simple way to fix this in the .ini files, but I'm not sure what it could possibly be. Any and all help is most definitely appreciated!

First,make sure your harddrive is defragged.Then disable any mods you might be using.Did you delete the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini to make a clean version?Are you using any graphics replacers,like the official hires pack,any 2k HD pack,or body replacers.Videocard info woujd help,anything under 50 on the last numbers,and under 2GB ram shoudln't really have any graphics packs with textures over 2048,1024 sizes are alot better.Have you tried the latest beta drivers for your card?Do other games do same thing,or is it only Skyrim? Edited by Belial666

It's not just Skyrim. World of Warcraft is a bit laggy on its lowest settings. I've disabled all mods, made clean .ini files, and I'm not using any graphics replacers. The only information I can get about my video card is "Intel HD Graphics". This is a laptop, so it's the integrated hardware. The game runs beautifully at its highest settings on my wife's laptop, so I'm positive it's just a matter of tweaking my own game for performance. I'm sure removing some of the bloom would help, as would fewer light sources and less miscellaneous clutter.

There really isn't much more we can tell you, honestly. If you've tried lowering all the graphical settings as low as they can go, and even WoW lags you, then you're laptop just isn't meant for gaming. Integrated graphics are always horrendous when it comes to gaming because they're just not built for heavy opperations like gaming.

If you're still determined to play skyrim, then the best place I can send you is here: http://www.geforce.com/optimize/guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweak-guide#1

The link above will take you to the official GeForce Skyrim Tweak Guide. Hopefully this will help you optomize your game enough to where you'll be able to decently run it, also it wouldn't hurt to look at the many optomizational mods here on the nexus.

-Elsarian

I solved the problem. Apparently all I had to do from the start was adjust the resolution down from widescreen to standard 800x600. Doesn't fill the monitor, but I'm totally cool with that so long as it works.