You know what Skyrim is missing?

nightinglae850

A large majestic creature that flys so high, it seems like its small (you maybe thinking Dragons?)

I was thinking something magical that only comes out during an aurora (maybe causes it?) and the citizens think its only an urban legend

I was thinking a Phoenix

http://www.tarrdaniel.com/images/visions/phoenix/phoenix12.jpg

Griffin

http://www.elfwood.com/art/c/e/ceara-finn//Griffin_ceara-finn.jpg

or a whale

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-11/aion-whale-creature.html

SKYWHALE!

There are all sorts of different high-up animals you could do. You listed the Fire Bird, but what about the Binesi? That is to say, the Thunder Bird. Or the Roc, the earth bird. Even the water bird, Boobrie (no, I'm not making that name up. That's really it's name). Hell, there's even a bird of birds, named the Fenghuang.

There's the Hippogriff, half eagle half horse. There's even a form of chimera that can fly without wings, the Nue!

How about the demon-elk, bane of hunters, Peryton? We could go for the avenger of wolves instead, with the Raiju... Since we're on wolves, there's even a bird-wolf, the Simurgh!

The Minokawa, a HALF-DRAGON bird (I like this one!). Another dragonbird is the Zilant (This one's a little too like Skyrim's dragons).

Edited by Strokend

I don't know about the whale, but the phoenix thing is a great idea. But still I haven't completely understood what you're up to here... Would these creatures be enemies too (like bosses or something)? Or just for cosmetic reasons liike the hawks we see flying around in the sky?

It’s just for looks, like hawks, except larger and fly higher up maybe weaving through clouds

something like a shooting star, you just happen to look up and see something far away flying fast in the sky and think WOW, but at the same time the dovakiin cant explain what he just saw

I think the sky is neglected in skyrim, except for hawks and the occasional dragon, there isn’t much going on up there.

Edited by nightinglae850

Mm..
Endoran mod WIP images showed some sort of giant lizard - eagle that is rigged to Dragon.

It's pretty good idea, to rig new beasts to use Dragon skeleton. Allows flying and so.

And it could be used on other types of creatures as well.

AS far as I know, it should be possible to disable the use of tail attack from the creature (either via new race, or by editing the actor itself)
So that would allow the seamless using of some sorts of giant birds :biggrin: Except the neck part might be tad too long.

Cliffracer rigged to dragon, anyone?
I think it would be cool, even if it wouldn't be 100% similar to morrowind ones.
Those could be made into:
A: Annoying beasts that hunt in swarms
B: peaceful creatures.

I'd go for the B, I'd just want to fill the skies with critters, instead of new things that just want to kill you.

Mm.. My thoughts were again quite far from the original request.. Oh well..