Help? crash when trying to start new game

nicolaec99

Don't forget the file in C:\Users\yourusername\app data\fallout 4 as well. (that's a hidden folder, so, you will need to enable viewing hidden files/folders as well.)

May want to reset your mod manager as well. (uninstall it???)

C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Fallout4 the only files are

plugins.txt loadorder.txt and DLCList.txt, ok I have uninstalled the game and deleted every file in C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Fallout4 and C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Fallout4 and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data and in C:\Users\myscreenname\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 and then reinstalled the game and still same issue I am wondering if there is something wrong with the default files that is effecting the main menu screen? if not then I am out of ideas and I can never play fallout 4 again until I or someone else can find the cause and a true fix.

:sad:

If you've removed all your mods, uninstalled the game, and literally deleted every single trace of the game from your system and redownloaded it from scratch, and it's still doing it, then it has to be something to do with your system itself I suppose - it's settings, conflicting software, something like that. That's a bit above my knowledge level though!

When you did all of that, did you also uninstall and delete every trace of your mod manager (I think you said you used Vortex) and other 'third-party' installed software too?

Have you installed anything else (non-Fallout 4-related) on your machine in the time between the game working properly and the game not working?

I did not uninstall vortex I only use vortex to enable my mods and then i exit then I click to run the f4se launcher I did not know that vortex stored game files like other managers.

n

Don't forget the file in C:\Users\yourusername\app data\fallout 4 as well. (that's a hidden folder, so, you will need to enable viewing hidden files/folders as well.)

May want to reset your mod manager as well. (uninstall it???)

C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Fallout4 the only files are

plugins.txt loadorder.txt and DLCList.txt, ok I have uninstalled the game and deleted every file in C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Fallout4 and C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Fallout4 and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data and in C:\Users\myscreenname\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 and then reinstalled the game and still same issue I am wondering if there is something wrong with the default files that is effecting the main menu screen? if not then I am out of ideas and I can never play fallout 4 again until I or someone else can find the cause and a true fix.

:sad:

If you've removed all your mods, uninstalled the game, and literally deleted every single trace of the game from your system and redownloaded it from scratch, and it's still doing it, then it has to be something to do with your system itself I suppose - it's settings, conflicting software, something like that. That's a bit above my knowledge level though!

When you did all of that, did you also uninstall and delete every trace of your mod manager (I think you said you used Vortex) and other 'third-party' installed software too?

Have you installed anything else (non-Fallout 4-related) on your machine in the time between the game working properly and the game not working?

I never uninstall vortex and that is the only manager I use and have installed and I did not have time to install nothing else been busy watching putlocker film and tv series.

I have no experience with Vortex as I only use NMM, but what you describe about the game not starting is barely possible, considering Fallout 4 alone. It might be indeed some mod manager voodoo. I once could not load a save or start the game, no clue why: I deinstalled any mod, deinstalled the mod manager, deinstalled Fallout 4, manually deleted ANY FOLDER (not only content) connected to Fallout 4 and then reinstalled and the problem was gone.

Or there is something fundamentally wrong with your operating system, although that's hard to believe. Do you have up to date drivers for your components? Do you have the correct Directx? Do you have administrator rights? Or else, I'm no computer pro.

In your case a contact to the Bethesda consumer support would be the right way perhaps.