Making/Editing Facegen Presets?

Alixen

I want to make a character, a dark elf, but also make a companion version of that character for another future character.

The easiest way I figure to handle this, is to use a preset, and then just modify Jenassa to look like the preset in the Toolset.

However, i'm running into problems. To start with I wanted to base the character off Dark Elf Female preset 11/12. The blind white haired one. Yet, looking in pre-sets in the toolkit, there is no 12th female. Browsing through them she doesn't seem to exist.

Then I decided to work off of preset 3. It looks the nicest with the least amount of work involved. I renamed its formid to DarkElfFemalePreset13, one of the 'nvsible' preset, and then turned it into its own form entry. So I didn't overwrite preset 3.

Ingame the presets stop at the 12th. My new preset doesn't show up.

So i've since tried to name it 12, and then even 11. It still won't show up, even though its got the 'is preset' box ticked. I do notice, however, that it says it has '0' users. I just don't know what to do about it, if its even important.

I may just end up actually editing preset 3 as preset 3. I'm not paticularly attached to it, nor will I likely ever use it for anything but this task.

Also, is there any downside to using a preset? Such as, am I ever going to run into 'myself' in bandit form ingame?

You need to open up the race record that you want the preset to be used for and add it to the list on the Presets tab.

You will not run into your preset in game unless you assign it be used elsewhere.

Give this a read. It may be useful. I created it to walk thru making a preset and using that preset as a mannequin.

http://isharameradin.zxq.net/MakingAPlayerBasedMannequin.html