ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

What mods do you consider MUST HAVE?

Beebww

hey everyone Im new to New Vegas and I was wondering what mods you cant go without because I have no idea where to start really and the vanilla game I never liked before so with boredom and the urge for a new experiance I bought FONV and wondering where to start on mods.

New Vegas Bounties 1 and 2 are the first that spring to mind for good quest mods. A good weather system can help with immersion like Project Reality. Can't really suggest anything else since its mainly down to personal taste.

FOOK-NV

Project Nevada

Niner

Willow

Unlimited Companions

Millenia's Retextures

Those you can't go without, period.

Then we get to other mods.

I personally used CFWNV, for the extra amount of guns, because you can never have enough.

I also use Someguy2000's quest mods, like NVB1 +2, and the Inheritance. These add flavor sorely lacking from New Vegas

In the end, though, it is up to you. It's all for taste, really.

Is there a mod or weapon for a melee weapon that lunges at the enemy when power swung kinda like a halo energy sword?

I am pretty sure there are several but the only one that comes to mind right away is the Broad Machete from the Tribal Pack from the Courier's Stash DLC. It has the same power attack all the Legion guys use against you when they attack with machetes.