Nested commenting, sticky posts, latest versions, drag n dropping and

Dark0ne

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's no feature to report our own comments right?

it's not even possible unless you decide to add that feature..

the only thing we could do now is Edit our comment then change it to:

***Comment Deleted***..

Edited by Loshirai14

oh... so that's what 'report' does..

i never would have guessed it >_<

i thought it was used to report the user and not the post.

silly me :P

Edited by Loshirai14

Oh my god! I can't delete my own comments anymore! Nooooooooooooo!!! Please re-consider adding this back because it was incredibly useful. It helped keep the comments sections of my mods more tidy. Especially since the nested comments (while useful) are making such a mess of things.

Alas, i'm sure this is gone for good (a bug, really??? come on...).

@Steve: How is the sitebot supposed to know which posts are replies to a hidden post and not stand alone posts in the same thread? This would work for nested comments, And with a lot more work, possibly those that quote it. But not so good for those that do neither but possibly refer to that hidden post or have multiple quotes.

It would be less work for me as I do try to hide comments that refer to hidden comments - depending on the comments. :rolleyes:

bben46, I'm refering to the removal of nested comments in a hidden post of course. It would be helpful if this could be done automatically (this is the "nested commenting" feedback thread, right? :happy: ).

Edited by steve40

In response to post #7452466. #7453200, #7454076 are all replies on the same post.

I agree, I think there should be a global expiration date on all posts (per mod and set by the mod author or moderator). That way it would not be possible to reply to a post from say 2 weeks ago .. nobody is going to go 5+ pages back to look at it anyway. At that point, either repeat the topic in the original post, quote the author of that post or ... this may be wishful thinking ... provide a way to link directly to a previous post so that I can click and see the original post to which the new post is replying. :)