Nested commenting, sticky posts, latest versions, drag n dropping and

Dark0ne

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nested comments now display in the correct order, you can lock sticky posts from replies, mod author replies will have the coloured border the same as mod author posts and replies of posts will be more obvious in forum view with links to the main comment and other replies to the same comment.

No offence intended here Dark0ne but I am really disliking nested comments after having spent a lot of time with them now in my mod comments.

I am getting completely lost trying to track comments now. Now with the "correct" comment order, you have to scroll all the way down to read all the comments and all the way up to reply to them. A reply button near the last comment will help here.

I also have no easy way of finding out where the comments were updated and quite possibly they could occur many pages back. I certainly don't want email spam (like the PM function) to track them, but maybe that's the only viable solution to this issue. Maybe an "unread comments" button at the top of the comments page, which automatically helps the author of the mod find the latest post - almost like an email function that tells you how many unread emails you have.

In all honesty, a quoting function has worked for decades and while nested seems like a good idea, it's very messy for mod authors to track. I know I am not the only one who finds it a pain, but I am sure many others like it too - so a nice balance would be key here.

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by sydney666