The Halloween holiday is near.

Visitors Trick or Treating are not likely. And yet, I have yard ornaments I put out in the yard just to remember the good old days. I found out the Mexican people have a different way of celebrating. Bought the movie "Book of LIfe". There is a part in the movie where the adults explain the tradition to their children. Family movie!

I think I saw a movie once a long time ago about Halloween with an attic, a long dining table, and a mysterious door we could walk around. I think it had the actors confused. They did not understand why the door, with a frame around it, stood there without a room on either side. I think it was in a Movie I saw when I was too young to understand.

All the belongings, of the family that are no longer with us in life, or stuff that is no longer in use in some families are stored in trunks in the attic. Clothes, trinkets, jewels, masks, and so on. So the idea of a Halloween Eve gathering like that from the Halloween diner theme idea seems reasonable. I don't recall the name of the door in the attic movie yet. Maybe it is The Door in the Attic. I'll Google it and see. Nope!

I kind of like the ideas both the Book of Life shares and my sudden recall of a movie from way back memories while in my youth days. I think that The Book of Life reminded me of the curious door in the attic movie for Halloween.

If I recall correctly the door in the room has a long dining table set up for a dinner party. The door in the frame stands on the floor at one end of the attic. On The Eve of Halloween the door is activated and all the ancestors can come through for the evening to join in while dinner is served. Hm?

I have studied genealogy and if any of you reading this, or I, got a visit from all our ancestors on the Eve of Halloween for dinner we would need a dining room as long as the Earth is round I think.

Do you have a Halloween tradition that is different from just Trick o Treating where you live?

Have a happy Halloween!

No traditions at all here. We used to do the costume party every year, but, even that has fallen by the wayside. (most certainly not gonna happen this year.) For the most part, it's just another day. We don't get the kids going door to door out here. There are maybe 5 houses within a mile of me....... so, population density just doesn't support it.

Well, then. Family traditions may become in house only for those who do it that way. More so. The quiet places, buildings, old houses, empty old hospitals far out in the woods will be filled with thumps, groans, and cries no one will hear. The spirit world will be unheard in those forgotten halls, rooms, closets, hidden passageways, and along the castle walls.

Soon it will become clear to those who do adhere to the idea of Halloween the memory will be only with those who celebrate family traditions in the castle dining hall at the long table where the food is laid out for all. While the living eat with the door standing open for those who practice that kind of Halloween tradition their ancestors will be remembered again and again year after year.

I'm going to join in with that kind of tradition remembering my ancestors. Always putting out a place at the table and welcoming their spirit on Halloween's Eve.

And there's going to be a Blue Moon on the 31st. It's a second full Moon. I read that because it's a second full moon in a month that's why they call it a Blue Moon. So Halloween will come around once in a Blue Moon.

Have a happy Halloween!

No traditions at all here. We used to do the costume party every year, but, even that has fallen by the wayside. (most certainly not gonna happen this year.) For the most part, it's just another day. We don't get the kids going door to door out here. There are maybe 5 houses within a mile of me....... so, population density just doesn't support it.

i don't this so May be you are right.

But here we will celebrate the Halloween party with our relatives, Neighbors and other closest friends following the Covid-19 SOP,s and our kids are excited for Halloween party because this the day for enjoying. My son has bought new Spiderman costume and masks through spirit halloween promo codes and he is happy. :cool: :cool:

Happy Halloween

Edited by julieking

When I was out getting materials for tightening up the windows and seams around the house to keep out the cold and hold the heat longer people with their children dressed in costumes were Treated at the shops when they entered. That's a nice deal for Halloween.

Less invigorating with cool evening air while going door to door, packed into a ballroom with music to listen and dance to, but a nice way for the whole family just the same keeping up the Halloween tradition.

I added the movie "Pay the Ghost" to my shelf of movies because it reasons with authors of the ages who wrote scary stories. Halloween gets mention in it as part of it's story.

Mike Cole's life is torn apart when his son is abducted during a Halloween parade. Desperate to bring him home again, Mike must risk everything to unravel a terrifying supernatural mystery.
Initial release: September 24, 2015 (Russia)
Director: Uli Edel
Screenplay: Daniel Kay
Initial DVD release: November 10, 2015 (USA)