PC Questions from a PC noob

Using My PC To Its Fullest (More PC questions)

I have a Ryzen 5 2600, RX 580 4GB GDDR5, B450M motherboard. (Of course, i have almost no idea what those words mean or if I need to include more specs. I dont know the PSU input but im sure its good). Or just look up GMA3600BST at best buy. Anyways, people have been telling me that my pc is pretty good, but idk. For now, the only games I play on it are Destiny 2, Minecraft, and Battlefront 2. Minecraft I'm not worried about, it basically runs on everything. I would install more games, but the SSD is only 240gb (almost full) and I dont want to use the 2tb HDD.

I keep D2 at 30fps for a few reasons: 60fps feels unnaturally fast for the character's movement, and when I turn on 60fps it constantly fluctuates (mostly in the 40-60 fps range) and feels like its lagging when its not. Shouldn't I be able to get somewhat of a consistent framerate? What do I turn on or turn off? I want to enjoy good graphics and have a steady fps, but if staying at 60 means sacrificing decent graphics then no deal. And I'm a college student, so I dont have the money to really upgrade anything (save maybe the fans).

For Battlefront 2, I dont know how to change the vsync (or whatever) for the fps. It only really gives customization for the graphics. Same thing as D2, I don't want to play with the graphics of a NES. But FPS isnt much a concern for Battlefront currently. Im worried more on the stress being put on the system. The fans kick high and loud, the case gets warm, and occasionally the game quits spontaneously. To me, D2 has more stuff going on then B2, and yet these problems occur. Im not expecting ultra graphics or anything, I know its only a $700 pc, but still thats my point. Its a $700 pc and these problems are happening. I had no trouble on my $300 Xbox 1 X.

My monitor is a Asus 24" 75hrz 1080p freesync

Also I wondering about case fans. Currently, it has one front intake and a back exhaust fan. I was told the case uses 120mm fans and that there is room for more fans on the top and front. For now, I only care about adding a 2nd front one. They said the necessary wires should be in the pc, but I have no idea what to look for or how to install once i buy one.

So yeah, those are my questions (for now). Please understand that I know very little about the internals on pcs, Im a Apple guy, so please take that into consideration when typing answers. Thanks

From what I see in the manual for your B450M motherboard it appears you only have two fan headers to plug into on the motherboard (see CPU_FAN at the top of the first picture and then SYS_FAN1 to the left half way down). That means you will be pluging your additional fans into extra outlets on your power supply (quite possibly where your current front case fan is currently plugged).

Before you go shopping for a new fan have a look at your current front fan and also whether or not your power supply has any unused power outlets. If you do have spare power available then all you'll need is a fan with the correct connector (or that has an adapter for the power supply type plug to the smaller fan type like you see on the motherboard). If you do not have a spare power outlet then you'll need a splitter for the outlet your current front fan is using so that both fans can use the same outlet (fans are not a big power draw so there is no problems using multiple fans on one power supply outlet).

Your RX580 has only 4GB of V-RAM. That's not enough for some games. Framerates always fluctuate, depending on what's going on on-screen. The only time FPS stays constant is when you set FPS lower than the lowest the GPU can handle.

For decent gaming at a minimum of 1920x1080p, you'll want a GPU that has at least 8GB of V-RAM and 16GB of system RAM (V-RAM is Video RAM, to differentiate from system RAM).

To add an extra fan, check the motherboard for three- and four-pin connections that say FAN next to it. Three-pins are mostly fans that run at a constant RPM, four-pins are for fans that have a variable RPM. Three-pin fans can be added to a four-pin connector when plugging them to the left (leaving the pin to the right free). Your power supply should have at least one free cable with Molex connectors. These are connectors with four cables and four pins. You can plug fans to those Molex connectors with a cable adapter should the fan come without a Molex connector.

Get a magnifying glass and flashlight handy.