Can't Do Any Civil War Quests?

ADragonCalledGeorge

Okay so I have a real weird glitch with Skyrim. I know it's not mod-related because I uninstalled and reinstalled it a dozen times even on different drives and now it's installed on my hard-drive. It works perfectly fine and I can do the Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn quests as well as all the vanilla quests no problem. I have it patched up to date and even have SKSE and so other stuff works fine, mod-related. However, I can't do any of the civil war quests. It's very peculiar. I can do up to Message for Whiterun but then I can't roceed after I'm supposed to report to that Legate dude. It's like that in another game where I can't report to Jarl Ulfric or whoever it is after that quest. It's real strange. I can finish all the Battle for Whiterun using console codes and the next quest begins. I get all the stuff and it points me to that general dude. However, I can't report to him and it won't let me continue the quest. I noticed in all my games that some Imperial soldier ran up to that Legate person I was supposed to report to after Message for Whiterun and reported to him instead. I was never able to report to him and found this is a bug in some games. Am I screwed? I have all the latest patches and even tried using the unofficial patches but this is really annoying. I want to do the Civil War quests and can't.

What should I do? Are there any mods or patches that fix this?

Many thanks in advance!!

• 6 months later...

If is any help I have the same problem. I can get the console to put me in the first step of the quest "The False Front"" and I can get the console to finish the quest but when you go back to the legate Rikle it is still a no go. What is mising is in her diologue box that lets you ask her for orders. The whole quest problem. How do you add a comand to a diologue box?

If you get the answer then answer my post "A False Front"

madgamer

Maybe you could try modding/overhauling your Civil War by trying this?

I don't know if it would help, but it could be worth a try.

Edited by TheObstinateNoviceSmith