Mod alters Language.

mudvein420

I cannot for the life of me figure out what mod is causing this. I uninstalled a Solar Power mod adding the little solar panels to base building and after it went away. Now all of a sudden its back. It clearly says E) Open to open door, in English then says this russian crap above it. Not to diss the Russian language but I didn't need a mod to change that and make small details be annoying. I cannot read russian, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing it. Any help would be appreciated.

The mods I often install from the in game mods menu, and I normally read the description before I try. If there is no screenshots or a detailed summary I typically don't install them. Especially pay attention to if its english or not. I only speak english and only install mods that appear to be english written.

Open the console while facing the door. Then click on the door. Note the first 2 digits of it's Ref-ID.

The first 2 digits denote the plugin number (in hexadecimal) in your load order, so open up whichever mod manager you use and find the plugin that corresponds with those 2 digits. (In Vortex it's shown as "mod index")

It is always a good idea to go through every mod before a new playthrough with a language translater programm. But beware, if you use such a programm - at least in Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim mods can stop working in parts, or even ctds happen if you translate the wrong things. Basically only translate things you can also see in the game.

Like interior cell names as example, not faction names and so on.

Don't know if things have gone better in Fallout 4, but I wouldn't risk it.

Edited by taryl80